Chapter 12

"Where are we going?" New irritated asked Tay. They are walking for an hour now since they left school. They have been walking an hour already without a break and it starts the younger one to hurt his ankle. 

"Just trust me on this," Tay refuses to tell them where they are exactly going. He even carries New's bag because the younger boy keeps complaining about how tired he is and that his feet will collapse anytime soon. "Don't tell me you want me to carry you too?"

New rolled his eyes, "Tch. Just let me punch you and I'll be okay."

Tay chuckled. "You're so adorable." He said and pinched New's cheeks. New immediately shoved Tay's hand away from him and looked away. He took a deep breath and tries to stay calm. "Your cheeks are turning red," Tay added with a smirk. It feels like the older one is playing uno reverse card on him. Usually, he is the one who's flirting with him but right now, he can't seems to say a word to make Tay fluster.

"T-That's because you pinched it!" New defense himself.

Tay shrugged and nodded, "That makes sense since you have fair skin but I don't remember pinching you on the other side."

"Stop it, will you?!" Tay burst out laughing because of New's reaction. It's always New's reaction. New started to get pissed this time. 

"Okay sorry. I'm sorry, I'll stop." Tay said and stop himself from laughing. "Let's just go." He added.

The younger's anger vanish again, once the older grabbed his hand and they walked together holding each other. At this point, New was taken aback and watched the other's face as he held his hand but it was nothing. Tay's action is unpredictable. He can't focus with his hand holding Tay's. They started to sweat because of his nervousness but the older guy doesn't look bothered by it and kept his hand. He doesn't know if it's necessary to hold each other hand while walking but he's not complaining at all. He loves every minute of it. He's been waiting for this moment and it feels like they are almost there.

"The sun is gone but we are still on this stupid hill," New said. The sun is already set and they are not still there.

"That's even more perfect," Tay said. New ignored every Tay's word. It's no use arguing with him, he's already here and he can't do anything about it. Might as well save his energy to kill him later if he didn't like where they were going. 

"Just tell me we are going somewhere nice," New said.

"We are here," Tay said.

New is confused. He looked around and all he can see is a bunch of trees. Not even light or anything just a plain tree. He thought they going to a café, mall, or park since he remembered hearing from other students this popular coffee shop opened on top of the hill with a beautiful view that they can watch while sipping warm hot chocolates. It must be romantic but no, they are in the middle of nowhere. The younger's shoulder dropped as he glared at the tanned boy smiling at him. He wanted to be more appreciative to him but how the hell he can do that when they walked until the sky turns black for this? He hopes for nothing.

"What? Don't tell me we will carve our name on one of these trees?" New can't hide the disappointment in his tone. Still, he is hoping that Tay will say no to his assumption. Yeah, carving names on trees is romantic and things he wants to do with Tay but their house is surrounded by different trees that are free to carve on. They shouldn't waste their time going here.

Tay chuckled and steps forward towards the younger. He put his hand on New's head and messed it up. "I'm not done yet." He said and shoved all those leaves away from their way and it shows the city light and buildings.

From the dark forest to this beautiful view, one can see in New's eyes how amazed he was by it. The cold wind touches his skin and the smell of trees. This moment he can call peace he's been wanting ever since he was younger. It wasn't that unfamiliar with this kind of view. All of his life, he is staring at his window from his empty room watching the building starts to light up as soon as the sun goes down. It was a simple night view, but it was different feeling he can't explain. This time, New's heart feels at ease, and at some point, he feels like crying. Whenever he sees this, all he can remember of how lonely he is in his dark four-wall room, what makes this special to him? maybe because he wasn't alone this time.