Chapter 11

"Can you pretend that didn't happen? Pretend that this is just a nightmare." New wiping his tears and trying to smile. "Tomorrow, can we go back to the things used to be? Pretend it was only a joke..." He added.

"New..."

"You will still call me 'Hin', right?"

New woke up early in the morning, he can't sleep properly last night. He just slept for 2 hours after going home. His chest is full of worries, even when he closes his eyes. All the memories flash in his mind. One thing that worry him is that he didn't get an answer from the older, instead, Tay stepped closer and wrapped his arm around him. Yeah, it was nice but he could have said something. The older boy seemed shocked and confused. He didn't say a word. Now, New wanted the time to stop, he doesn't want to go to school. How can he face Tay this time now that he knows that he likes him—No. He didn't confess. Was that counted as a confession? Tay is very slow when it comes to this, he probably thinks New was just messing him up.

"Yeah, that's right..." New murmured, convincing himself not to worry about it because Tay is dense as fuck. He won't catch up with what he was trying to convey in that kiss. He stood up from his bed and prepare himself. He might appear tough outside but he's not. How many times did he run away whenever there was a problem? Though people didn't notice because of how intimidating he is. New's mind is occupied by 'I can't do it.' and 'I don't care'. He wishes he doesn't care at all but just thinking of Tay's reaction is making him back out.

Right after he put on his uniform, one of the maids knocked on the door. They usually inform the kid that the car is ready and he can just go downstairs but this time, the maid informs him that the boy he wasn't ready to face is waiting downstairs.

"W-What?! Tell him to leave!" he said with a wide-open side.

"No, New. I'm here already." He heard Tay's voice. Just hearing his voice is making him shiver into fear. Tay even attempted to open the door but failed, good thing New locked it or he will jump out of the window.

"Then go away!" New yelled.

"No. Open the door."

"Tay please."

"Polca." New's blood dropped after hearing that word. He forgot that game is existing. "Open the door, New." He added. It's the rules of the games and they can't break it. New stepped slowly towards the door. He sighs for the last time before he opens the door. As soon as he open the door, he turned his back. Tay closed the door frowning at the younger, asking why New's hair is wet. 

"U-Uh, because you interrupt me?" New tries to act cool about it. The tanned boy asked the hair dryer as he dropped his bag on the bed. "What are you doing?" The younger asked when Tay goes around the room to find the hair dryer. 

"Here it is," Tay said, ignoring the New, and sat down on the bed. "Come here, I'll dry your hair. We will go late." He tapped the small chair in front of him. Instructing New to sit there. New's heart was beating so fast, he is panicking about whether he will sit there like an obedient puppy or he will shout and curse him like he used to do. He realized he is taking too much time in the end, New sat down quietly. He can't read Tay's mind today. He is an open book, it was easy to read what he was thinking just by his action and reaction but New seems struggling to read the older boy.

Tay dried New's hair quietly. The only noise they can hear is from the hair dryer. New can't make a single noise and stay still. He can't stop thinking about the kiss and Tay is quiet about it, making him anxious even more. He prefers if he talks about it to his face than doing this awkwardness between them.