Chapter 14

"New?" Tay was in shock seeing New in his café as well. He removed his apron and quickly go to him.

"Wait—you knew each other?" Namtan asked in confusion as her eyes went back and forth at them. New was still in the process of what the hell happened. He was just here to have a nice coffee and suddenly the man he loves is here, in front of him. Tay hugged him. He swallows the big lump forming in his throat, fighting the strong urge to cry.

"New, you k-know me, right?" Tay looks straight into New's eyes as he asked.

He told himself that as soon as he finds Tay, he will hug him forever and never let go but now he's here, reality hits him like punching his face. For those years, Tay might have had someone beside him. It's possible, knowing how easy to love him, it is possible. Now he is asking himself, what is his next step? Don't get him wrong, he is happy to see Tay, he waited so long for this moment. He waited so much that he didn't think of what will happen once they meet again. They are not kids and leaving in the small town anymore. They are adults now with responsibilities. A lot of changes already. 

He gulps and smiled, "Yes, Tawan Vihokratana. How could I forget?" New tried to act normally. Just like two old friends see each other again.

"It's too sudden, I don't know what to say." Tay scratched his head. He is overwhelmed seeing New here. If he only knew, he would prepare something nice for him. "You didn't change a bit, though you became taller, almost taller than me." Tay can't stop smiling.

He missed him. They missed each other. New don't know what to feel. This is not what he expects. He knew that there is something between them before he left but Tay treated him like a long-time friend and that's it.

"You owned this?" New asked.

"Yeah. I saved money to build this." Tay looked so proud saying this to him.

"Mr. Sun, get us some coffee before you two talk," Namtan said, crossing her arm on her chest.

New chuckled. So, he is Mr. Sun, which makes sense. He did have someone. Despite having a smile on his face, his heart gets heavier as time passed by. 

"Oh yeah, I'll just make your coffee, what do you like?"

"Just like before," New answered. He intentionally said this to test if he still remembers little things about him even after all these years. He forced a smile after seeing Tay struggling to think what drinks he likes 'just like before. He tapped Tay's shoulder. "Anything sweet."

Tay feels shit after New turned away to find their sit with Namtan.

"Chocolate... right," Tay said before putting on his apron again to work on their drinks. While making New and Namtan's orders he got interrupted by a notification from her. It's their usual conversation, just checking on each other. He reads the message as he looked at New who was patiently waiting in their seats. He turned his head to his phone and replied to her, smiling. Tay started to work on their drinks as fast as he can. He can't wait to talk and catch up with his long-time friend. 

"Here's your drink." Tay placed their order on the table. "This is my treat." And placed the chocolate cake for them.

"Mr. Sun, you know I'm on a diet! How can I resist these calories?!" Namtan complained.

"You're fine, Namtan. You can continue your diet tomorrow." Tay said.

If only he could ask Namtan and Jane to leave, he would so he can solo Tay and talk to him about everything going on in his head. New sigh, maybe he expects too much. Maybe it's only him. It's only he who thinks that there is something. He was about to take Earth's advice, he is doing good on his first step. Destiny. Destiny hates him. It's always too late and too early. He wonders if he met Earth early and did what he could do to move on, will he still feel like this meeting Tay? He feels like shit.