𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1: 𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂

"Hah...", Loid sighed as he read another mission assigned to him on a newspaper while Anya was watching her daily cartoon Spy Wars on a nice, Saturday morning.  He folded the newspaper and laid it flat on his lap as he rubbed the space between his eyebrows.  'I swear, I'm gonna demand overtime payment for all the missions they're assigning me', he groaned. 

Anya eyed her father as she read his thought without turning around to face him.  'Chi-chi seems stressed...', she thought and remembered Becky's words from yesterday on Friday.  

"Stressed people can be scary!  I came home yesterday to find my dad acting all grumpy and moody and the butler told me it was because he had many paperwork to do"

"Chi-chi!", Anya stood up and ran to her father - putting her small hands on his lap. 

"Yes, Anya?", he forced a smile on his tired self. 

"Can we go to the mall?  Anya wants to go shopping again with chi-chi and ha-ha!", she smiled widely. 

"You want to go shopping...?"

"Mhmhm!", Anya vigorously nodded her head.  Loid then stayed quiet as he furrowed his brows, thinking about his daughter's proposal.  'It doesn't sound too bad...and it's nice outside', he thought to himself as he glanced out of the window.  'Plus, maybe some family time will help de-stress me'

"That sounds like a great idea!", Loid smiled as he patted Anya's head, "Why don't you go wake up Yor-san?"

Anya smiled her usual creepy smile, freaking out Loid as he slowly recoiled his hand from her.  She then removed the smile on her face with a firm expression, turned around, and walked back to her spot on the floor to watch Spy Wars. 

"No!  Anya doesn't want to miss Spy Wars!", she whined and clutched her two, small hands into fist with her eyes glued to the TV screen.  'But you're the one who asked to go out shopping, why don't you go wake up your mother?!', Loid glared at Anya's back who sweat under his gaze.  

He sighed as he placed the newspaper on the table and walked to Yor's room.  'Usually Yor's awake at around this time', he thought as he looked up at the hanging clock.  'Did she have a stressful day at City Hall yesterday?', he wondered. 

He knocked on her door, "Yor-san", he said in a gentle voice, but didn't hear any reply.  "Yor-san?", he knocked again.  When he didn't hear a reply the second time, he reached for the door knob.  "I'm coming in!", he shouted to let her know as he twisted the knob and opened the door.  

There she laid in all her glory.  Her bed was against the window as the sunlight seeped through the slightly opened blinds and the thin, white valance.  Her black, silky hair was sprawled around her head with a peaceful expression on her face; her closed eyelids that hid her ruby-like eyes that shimmered with radiance, her pink lips that would curve into the sweetest smile, and her pale cheeks that would tint a lovely pink.  

She slept on her side in her nightgown.  He quietly walked towards her and stood above her, admiring her beauty.  She looked so peaceful and comfortable as he gazed at her.  He reached his hand to her face and slid his folded index finger against her cheek.  Somehow, that slight touch awakened her as her eyelids slowly opened.  She blinked as Loid's figure came into view and she sat up straight with her knees bending to the right.  

"Loid-san...", she groggily called his name. 

He noticed the tiredness in her voice, "Good morning, Yor-san", he said in the gentlest manner. 

She yawned while covering her mouth, "G-Good morning" 

Loid observed her, "You look so tired..."

She placed a foot down on the floor and was going to get up, "No...I'm fi-", before she could finish, as soon as she applied pressure onto her leg to stand up, she flinched at the pain that seeped through her calf and up her thigh, making her fall back towards the bed.