first encounters

"𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞'𝙢 𝙞𝙣, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙤, 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙤"

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

goblet of fire // first encounters

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

I can hear a distinctive voice calling to me from the distance. Its strange familiarity was almost comforting, its echoes digging deep into the abyss of my mind, luring me with something I could not pinpoint.

The voice is silky smooth, yet rough and scratchy. I can barely grasp the words that it murmers, but the sound flows through my mind, soothing and relieving knots of tension and fear.

I feel like I'm operating on autopilot. My vision is blurry and hazed, and I suddenly realise that I am lost.

"Hello?" I shout, a hint of panic in my voice. I am greet with nothing but the still sound of my voice bouncing off the walls of my mind. The voice had disappeared, but I can almost still feel its presence lurking within the depth of my subconsciousness...

"Hello?" I repeated desperately. To my horror, the echoes only got louder, louder, and louder...

My eyes open suddenly, and I wake up with sweat trickling down my neck. It takes me a while to calm down my heavy breathing. I groan, burying my face into my hands.

It wasn't the first time I have had that dream. I've been having them for ages. They keep coming back, like a boomerang, almost.

"Mom-?" I call out after checking the time on my grandfather. It was nearly six am, the standard time for the day to begin in the Sasaki family.

The Sasaki family; a notoriously strict, pureblooded family, consisting of me and my parents.

Both my parents are Japanese, with features that were uncannily similar. Their black hair closely resembled the color of charcoal, and their chocolate eyes were constantly dark and guarded, as if behind them were deadly secrets.

I don't have siblings. Whenever I ask, mother tells me that I am enough. I have also been homeschooled my entire life up till now. I am a gifted legilimence; my parents agree that it is safer to lock me in the house so others wouldn't be able to take advantage over me.

We lived in Japan for most my life, but father recently acquired a job in the British ministry of magic. At the age of 14, we moved to England; all of us. It was hard to adjust at first, seeing how different the two countries are. But I grew older. I started day dreaming about a living a life outside of my home. I would spend hours wistfully staring at our neighbours playing outside from my window, wanting nothing more than to join them in their joy and laughter.

I wanted to go a real school, and meet real friends.

I wanted to go to Hogwarts.

Father was reluctant at first. He insisted that the outside world was dangerous, especially for such a gifted legilimens like me. He explained that people would try to take advantage over me, use me for bad reasons. I didn't believe him, yet I promised that I wouldn't tell anyone.

I don't break my promises, and I don't plan on breaking this one.

The clock finally ticked to six am. I hear a few soft knocks on the bedroom door, and I roll my eyes. Typical mom.

"Akira honey, its the first day of school. Time to wake up."

Wait, what?

"I thought that was next week?" I call out, confused. Mom opens the door, sending me an apologetic smile.