arrival

"𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂"

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

goblet of fire // arrival

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

It's been a month since my arrival at Hogwarts. 

I've gotten considerably closer to Harry, Ron and Hermione, and I've finally started to open up to my fellow Gryffindors. Yet, no matter how hard I try, I still find it extremely hard to communicate with anyone outside of my house.

I found myself at the top of nearly every subject, putting poor Hermione to second. She isn't discouraged by this, instead seeing it as an opportunity to learn and further develop her magical skills. She asked me to give her tutor lessons, to which I gladly accepted.

I didn't talk much at first, even among my three best friends. I'm would always have a book in my hand, whether it be a muggle book or a study related one. The other three would chat about their classes, homework, quidditch, etc, whereas I preferred to listen. Although they would occasionally try to include me into their conversations, I would only say a couple words before falling silent again.

Nowadays, however, I'm always eager to share my opinions regarding their conversation. Although, I'm still unwilling to talk about the events regarding the defence against the dark arts lesson with Moody, and my so called "flashback".

I still read a lot.

I look forward to a peaceful year of studying and taking lessons with my friends, spending days like how I spent the past month.

Its a Saturday. Despite this, I wake up early, around 6am, settling down with a nice book after brushing my teeth and washing my face. The dorm is completely silent, everyone else still fast asleep.

Fantastic beasts and where to find them. It has always been my favourite book. I flip through the pages, scanning the contents with a lazy smile displayed on my lips. Not long later, Hermione wakes up as well. Its around 7:30 am, still rather early in the morning.

"Morning." I greet her, putting my book down. 

"Morning," Hermione yawns in response. "How long have you been up for?"

"Around an hour?" 

"This early in the morning? You must really love that book" I roll my eyes at her response, and pick the book back up.

"You aren't wrong. Let me know when its time for breakfast, alright?" I say. She smiles.

"Of course, I'm going to head downstairs."

I've also gotten extremely close with Hermione over the past month. We would constantly spend time together, studying, reading, or practicing magic. Her cat, Crookshanks jumps onto my lap, and I gently set her down, chuckling.

"Sure."

"You know, I think the other schools are arriving today." Hermione retorts, packing up our practice material. We have been practicing transfiguration, and I'm please to say that I've successfully learnt how to transfigure parts of my appearance.

"For the tournament, right?"

"Yeah, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons."

Its around 9am, and students were starting to wake up. The two of us meet Ron and Harry in the common room and head down to the great hall together.