imperio

"𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬"

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

goblet of fire // imperio

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

Another day passes. Then another, and another. Before I knew it, a whole week has passed. The goblet of fire remains mysterious as ever, standing in the great hall.

Ron was right. Cedric did put his name into the goblet, and his action was met with thunderous applause, especially from the Hufflepuff table. Hermione was right too, though. The boy, he is extremely gorgeous. He's also constantly surrounded by a swarm of girls. 

"I never asked you where you are from." Harry says suddenly. 

"I'm from Japan."

He raises an eyebrow at my answer, squinting his eyes.

"Right, of course; Japan." He concludes. 

I roll my eyes at his antics, smiling slightly against my own will. I turn my attention back to stabbing the piece of bacon on my plate, aware of Harry's lingering gaze. Slightly flustered, I face him again, immediately greeted by his green eyes staring into my grey ones.

"You have really pretty eyes." He retorts. I feel a faint blush make my way onto my cheeks, not knowing how to respond.

"Oh- er, thank you?" I say awkwardly. We don't exchange words for a while, watching Cedric put his name into the goblet, surrounded with admirers who cheer as the he steps out, grinning. 

Ron and Hermione are doing their own things, Hermione? Probably studying. Ron? Most likely catching up on homework. The absence of the two leaves me and Harry sitting at the Gryffindor table ourselves.

I feel my gaze follow the Hufflepuff heading back to the Huffepuff table. Suddenly, his head turns towards my directions, and his bright grey eyes meet mines. We stare at each other for- well, merlin knows how long. A soft smile makes its way on to my lips, and I raise my arm to give him a soft wave.

Our eye contact, however, is broken by Harry's awkward cough, and his hand tapping my shoulder rather roughly. At this, I return my attention to my bacon, scowling slightly at the fact that I didn't get to see whether Cedric waved back at me or not.

"I have a bad feeling about this tournament." He says stubbornly, breaking the awkward silence that has settled down on us.

'Yeah- same." 

We watch the pretty girl from Beauxbatons who approached us asking for the bouillabaisse during the welcoming feast put a slip of paper into the goblet, beaming. A handful of people start applauding as she steps out and joins her friends at the Ravenclaw table.

"Fleur Delacour." Harry mutters to me under his breath. "Part veela, half the boys are drooling over her." I feel a strange sense of annoyance at this.

"Are you, though?" I retort boldly.

"Nope. I have someone else- better than a Veela." He answers. 

"I guess that makes two of us."

Remember what I said about looking forward to a peaceful and quiet year?

Well, I take that back now. A month and a half in, and I can already tell that this year is going to be anything but peaceful and quiet.