balls, bullies, and moody

"𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻"

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

goblet of fire // balls, bullies, and moody

──── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────

"Find anything yet?" Harry asks, yet again, as me and Hermione pour over the books open in front of us. I shut my book, frustrated at his impatience.

"No, Harry. If we did, we would've told you."

For the past few days, Harry had been bugging me, Hermione and Ron to find some clues on the golden egg he had won from the first task, which, when opened, makes a wailing sound like a banshee. We finally gave in.

Except for Ron, Ron was too busy catching up on homework.

Harry and Ron had made up after the first task, which I'm grateful for; our friend group isn't complete without his constant snickering.

"Its useless," Hermione groans, shutting her book as well. "This whole thing is useless, I can't focus with you two here." She gets up and puts the book she was reading into her bag, leaving without another word.

"Whats up with her?" Harry asks. I roll my eyes; I had just re-opened my book.

"Yeah, thats it, I'm leaving too."

I head out of the library with the book tucked safely under my arm. I don't have a destination set in my mind, but I'm determined to find Hermione so we can research together.

My mindset changes, however, when I hear some jeering noises coming from just around the corner. I frown, heading towards the direction of the commotion.

My eyes are blessed with the sight an empty hallway, apart from a certain blonde haired Slytherin, accompanied by his two goons. He towers over a small second year, and despite his back being faced towards me, I can visualise the sneer on his face.

My frown deepens, and I take my wand out of my pocket.

I may be shy, but I'm not a bystander.

"Malfoy," I say as calmly as I can. "Is there a problem here?"

He turns around slowly, a sarcastic smile playing on his face. The second year makes moves to leave, terror written all over his face, but Malfoy raises an arm to stop him. "I'm not finished with you, yet."

Rage bubbles inside my stomach, my fists itch to smash into that twisted grin of his. "Let him go." I say in a low (and hopefully dangerous) voice, but he only laughs.

"Or what, Sasaki? Gonna make pimples appear all over me again? Or are you gonna tell those sensitive parents of yours? "

My rage is replaced by fury, and for a second, I forget that we aren't alone in the corridor.

I want to hurt him.

"I said, let, him GO!" I yell, my hands clenching into tight fists. As soon as the words leave my mouth, I'm regretting ever saying them. My eyes shut tight, waiting for the impact. But it never comes. I open them hesitantly, fists loosening as I catch sight of Malfoy's expression.

His eyes are clouded, he looks like he's in some sort of trance.

"Oh, Okay." He says, turning around and walking along the hallway as if nothing had ever happened. Crabbe and Goyle follow him mindlessly, shooting me glares while doing so. And the second year looks at me, more frightened then he was seconds ago, and scampers away.