8: Sojourn

Y/n honestly looked short for her age, it must be due to her taking up more of her Mother's side, her Mother was quite short.

It's been probably an hour or so since they've been here, she's been fiddling with Katarina's open palm waiting for her to wake up.

Her glove was in the way so she couldn't tell much about whether Katarina had soft hands or rough hands, she did hear of Katarina learning the sword since she was young, and also... 'Farming'.

She's surprised her parents even let her do such a thing, if it was her she'd be doomed by her father who already doesn't allow her to continue with her hobby of making perfume.

Still, she does perfume whenever she can and wants it in secret and now that she's also in the academy, she can do much more of this said hobby of hers.

After a while more, she began to notice the sky slowly dimming.

She reached to nudge Katarina awake by the shoulder, "Lady Katarina..?"

No response.

"Lady Katarina?"

Y/n blinked, 'She's really fast asleep....'

"Lady Katarina, it's getting quite late, it's almost dinner time." She said, "You should wake up now.."

"Hhmmm...." Katarina looked up at her with eyes somewhat droopy, she sat back upright while yawning with one hand.

Y/n smiled, 'Cute..'

"What time is it?" Katarina looked around them.

"Uhm... It's most likely close to dinner, the skies are dimming after all." Y/n answered.

Katarina looked down at her hand, 'Was she massaging my hand a while ago? Why does my throat feel ticklish looking at my hand??'

Though, the scent of y/n's perfume suddenly hit her to nuzzle close to the crook of her neck.

"E-Eh..?" Y/n blushed, she reached to nudge her back awake again, "No, don't fall back asleep, Lady Katarina..! You need to wake up now."

Katarina frowned, groaning in slight irritation as she sat back up looking away.

Y/n smiled meekly, "Please, don't be a little angry, Lady Katarina."

Katarina looked back over at her, brows furrowed, she seemed quite angry at her all of a sudden.

'Is she seriously this grumpy when she just woke up??' y/n chuckled meekly to ease the tension between them as she got off her lap.

"You can take naps---uhh with me again tomorrow so please don't look so angry." She wasn't sure where these words were even coming from but she took it that she was getting acquainted with Katarina even more.

Katarina got up as well to follow beside her, she was still a little sleepy as she yawned a second time on her hand.

"Your friends must be waiting for you," y/n was thinking of parting ways with her, her friend must be waiting in the cafeteria for her, "So.. I'll go on ahead."

Before she could turn to a different hallway though, Katarina grabbed her by the hand, "Wait.."

She turned back around to face her, "Huh?"

"Don't go...."

"Heh? Uhh... B-But I have to though, we'll meet again tomorrow so please don't look sad either."

Katarina frowned, huffing, she let go of her hand with obvious reluctance.