9: CognoScenti

"Where have you been?" F/n asked.

"Oh, uhh... I got.. caught up on something." Y/n put up an excuse.

"Caught up with something?" F/n arched a brow, chuckling as she joked, "Got too much attention into your hobby to forget the time again?"

"Well..." Y/n sat down with dinner in her hands now in front of her.

"You sure love that perfume you wear, why do you always choose that?" F/n wondered.

"It was just supposed to be used only by me so I don't get in too much trouble with my father... But it's taken a different approach to.." y/n said and then whispered, "Lady Katarina...."

F/n almost choked on drinking water.

"W-What..!?" She whispered back.

Y/n covered her face with both hands.

'No way!!!' that was quite the shock for f/n to hear.

Quite the shock indeed.

"Are you serious!?" She whispered.

Y/n nodded, feeling a little embarrassed as she tried to eat dinner.

F/n lowered the glass of water back down the table, sitting there, watching y/n eat, she whispered, "Doesn't that mean Lady Katarina has a thing for perfume..? Maybe the perfume you have on you is her favorite scent. What did you say it was again..?"

"I.. I don't know..? Uhmm... Vanilla, jasmine, ginger, patchouli, oh, and sandalwood.." y/n hummed, "These were just ingredients I mixed because I loved it enough to be my special weird smell for a mix."

F/n arched a brow, "Okay??"

"I'm being honest here, there's nothing on it that's bothersome and no, I'm not sharing it with anybody." Y/n sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, your perfume hobby is special to you, that's why we're friends.." f/n chuckled as she continued on her dinner.

Y/n smiled, "Thank you for being understanding to me, Lady f/n."

...

Katarina hummed, she finished dinner well.

Keith was quite happy on the side note of that but his nose caught a whiff of something strange.

"Older Sister?" He called.

"Hm?" Katarina was eating dessert.

"Something smells... Different," Keith began, asking, "Did you perhaps put on perfume?"

"Eh? No??" Katarina arched a brow at him, "I didn't, why?"

Keith stared at her and shook his head, "No, it's nothing."

Katarina hummed, shrugging that off, she continued to enjoy her dessert.

A slice of cake after dinner was always tasty.

...

Y/n was concocting perfumes in her room again.

It's a good thing that this whole bedroom is only for her to use, with no roommates to have.

It's perfect for her.

She took a whiff of the perfume she had just finished making.

'Hmm... It's quite minty.' She did use mint-type ingredients for this one.

'I think this would work well for men but I should test it out first..' she leaned back a little on her chair, 'But who would be my candidate for testing..? It's obvious f/n wouldn't want to try it after that last one that went flop on her.'

In wonder, one person came to mind.