81: Dukedom

"We were teleported from one of Sorcier's neighboring kingdoms..?" Katarina asked.

V/n nodded, "Though, the other kingdoms neighboring beside Periferie all don't know how thankful they all should be for the Lord that serves this kingdom's Emperor."

Katarina huffed, "How long until we reach our destination..?"

"Quite long, you might want to sleep halfway there even." V/n shrugged.

...

The only thing that woke Katarina up was cold water splashed on her.

"Aarghh--!" She winced, it was cold.

Dripping soaked wet from her upper clothes.

The maid had a look of fright while holding the now-empty bucket with trembling hands.

'What the hell..!?' Katarina grit her teeth, the darkness had surrounded her like wildfire again, emotions can really tie her darkness down on her like a parasite.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of clapping hands, "I've seen enough, untie her."

'What!?' she looked behind her, she was on her knees, arms and legs tied from the back, 'What is going on!?'

The two men beside her hurriedly undid their knots before apologetically helping her back up to her feet.

Huffing, she could see her own breath in the open cold of white snow everywhere.

It must've stopped snowing a while ago while she was resting in the carriage, which now seems like she got dragged out while resting.

Looking over, she saw v/n standing beside a man in their young twenties.

He seemed so young and healthy by the looks of it, even when he seemed to be a tall tower at that, he walked up to her and opened a gloved hand for her to take, "It's an honor to finally reunite with my long lost son and true heir."

'Son??' Katarina blinked, she was baffled as she unknowingly took his hand.

"I am L/n. Though, you must call me your Father... Katarina." He said before he had a change of decision, "No, you'll need a new name, 'Katarina' isn't a suitable one for you anymore."

...

Inside the large mansion, Katarina had been tasked by maids who had the utmost respect for her while helping her with her bath and warm clothes.

Katarina fixed her left sleeve a bit, standing in front of the Lord's office doors.

The two guarding soldiers opened it for her while lowering their heads and gazes to the floor.

When she walked inside the office, v/n wasn't present this time.

"Did the servants treat you fine?" L/n asked.

Katarina stared at the man and nodded, "It was alright."

"Just alright?" L/n asked.

"Yes?" Katarina arched a furrowed brow at him.

'Hm... She looks at me like a predator on guard in front of its same species.' he stopped with his work to look at her better, 'Tsk... And it had to be a woman who has 'it', it's not impossible for a woman to inherit it but still.. I can't just go easy on her in training her to take my place by killing me with her own strength.'

"Your name will no longer be Katarina but Seth, you will be trained under me and will learn until you can surpass me in a true fight." He said.