23: Bane

Y/n woke up in the middle of the night from an odd noise in the dark room.

She looked over her noticing a look of discomfort on Katarina's face.

"Lady Katarina..?" She rubbed an eye awake to see if her eyes were playing tricks on her.

Katarina was crying and sweating cold in her sleep.

"Lady Katarina.." she reached her hands out, cupping her face, "Lady Katarina, wake up. You're having a nightmare..!"

"Eughh.."

"Lady Katarina..!" Y/n's eyes widened, panicked, she sat up a bit to try and nudge her awake, whispering, "Wake up..!!"

"Hahh..?" Katarina, fortunately, woke up fast, tears falling off of her face.

"It's okay, it's just a bad dream. Lady Katarina?" Y/n caressed her head.

"Ahh...." Katarina tried to wipe her face with her trembling hands.

Then a thought hit y/n.

"Is.... Is this the curse you were talking about?" She asked, looking around her, she spotted a glass of water on the bedside table.

She reached for it.

"Here," she offered, "Drink something first."

Katarina sat up, holding her head down by a hand, she looked over to her taking the glass in one hand, muttering, "How long was I asleep..?"

"Uhm... I think it's currently midnight right now." Y/n said.

Katarina drank half the glass empty and gave it back to her.

"Are you alright?" Y/n asked.

Katarina stared at her for a moment longer before reaching with both arms, pulling her back down on the bed with her.

"Stay with me." She whispered.

Y/n blushed, 'Please, don't whisper into my ear, it's not good for my heart.'

"P-Please..??"

She perked up at the sudden whimper.

"O--Okay, I'll stay, so please don't cry..!" She gave in, looks like she won't be sneaking out of the room anytime soon just yet.

...

"Lady Katarina?"

Someone was nudging her awake.

"Hmm.. y/n...." Y/n must be awake before her.

"Hm? Lady Katarina, it's Anne. And you need to prepare for today."

She shot wide-eyed and up from her bed.

She looked to her side patting a hand around it, 'Did she sneak out earliest in the morning?'

'I thought she'd stay with me until I woke up.' She frowned.

That made her a little angry, yawning, "Okay, I'll get ready.."

...

Y/n stretched her arms out, she finished her assignments on time after she got all ready for the day.

Taking her things with her, she sprayed on the usual perfume that she liked before leaving her dorm.

F/n greeted her upon reaching her classroom.

...

"So I wasn't seeing things when I saw you get carried into Lady Katarina's room?" F/n whispered.

Y/n dropped the fork she was holding, blushing red whilst quietly sputtering, "W-What do you mean..!?"

F/n shrugged before saying, "Nothing, I just saw it that's all. So I wasn't seeing things?? It did happen then?"

Y/n covered her face in embarrassment nodding.

F/n's eyes widened in shock, 'Looks like my ship is sailing even when I didn't have any hopes that it'd happen.'