Daina

Noah POV

Noah POV

*cursing and suggestive language*

I took my short, straight hair out of the small ponytail that hardly reached the top of my back both in and out of the hairstyle. 

"C'mon, princess. You look great!" Mom whined as she stood behind me, staring at me through the mirror.

"No, Mom. I don't. I never do. But I'll leave because you look desperate to have your first shower in a week." I rolled my eyes as I walked out and put my hairtie around my wrist. 

"Hey! Don't you treat me like that! I try my best and you know it. There's cereal and a little milk left on the table. I'll do my best to get to the store after my shift at Patsy's, ok?"

"Got it!" I yelled back with false enthusiasm. I sat down and put the small amount of cereal in a bowl before throwing the empty box in the trash. I reached for the milk and unscrewed the lid.

It smelled horrible, but I poured it anyway. The supposed liquid poured out in chunks, covering my cereal in thick, yellow-white blocks. 

I gagged and stood up quickly, covering my mouth. 

"Oh, fuck!" I yelled as Mom ran out of the bathroom, loosely holding a towl over her torso.

"What!?" she asked, sliding across the floor into the kitchen. 

"Fuckin' milks spoiled and I ruined the last bit of any good fuckin' food we had in this shithole," I said, speeding towards the front foor. But as I tried to pass Mom, she grabbed my wrist, which was still hovering over my nose, blocking out the horrid smell that quickly took over the alcoholic aroma of our tiny two-bedroom house. 

"Hey, don't go to that fuckin' shitty ass gang that you call your 'friends', ok? I don't like 'em. 'Speccially that Chris kid. Stealin' lunch money from school is a new personal low for him," she said, staring straight into my eyes, the alcohol still laced through her veins. 

"For fucks sake, Mom. Chris didn't steal the goddamn money. He ain't like the rest of his shitty ass family. Everyone but the fuckin' lazy-ass adults see it." I yanked my arm from her grip and pushed open the storm door, letting it slam into the wood frame as I ran off the front steps. 

I just wanted a relaxing day with my friends and of course, Daina had to fucking ruin it. 

I got to the tree house, making the secret knock as the trap door slowly creeked open. 

"What took you so long? We said 8 o'clock sharp this mornin'!" Chris yelled as I made my way to my corner.

Before I could answer, another secret knock was made and Teddy crawled in, sitting next to me.

I looked up as Teddy fixed his hair and Chris and Gordie stared between us, wide eyes and jaws touching the ground.

"Did y'all-"