Crushes

Noah POV

Noah POV

*cursing and suggestive language*

I was so mad that Chris and Gordie found me, but so relieved when Chris came over and hugged me. He was so nice to me, even though at first he really didn't want me in their gang. I'm glad he came around, his comfort felt nice. But I didn't like him like I liked Teddy...

But when I heard other footsteps running towards us, I looked up to see Teddy and Vern, Vern still drinking his coke. 

I looked right at Teddy and it was weird because it almost looked like he was mad, or...jealous. Teddy jealous of me? Or was it because Chris had his arm around me? Oh my God, does Teddy have a crush on me?!

I couldn't keep the feeling in, so next thing I knew, I found myself running out of Chris' grip and to Teddy. I put my arms around him, burrying my nose in his shoulder as he reluctantly hugged back, his hands on my waist. I had the best feeling in my stomach, the feeling of comfort. Why didn't I feel this when Chris hugged me?

"What're you doing, Noah?" I heard Teddy's voice ring in my ear as my smile quickly faded into confusion and the tears slowed from my eyes. 

I pulled away and kept my hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes through his dirty glasses lense. 

"I just thought..." I continued to look at him, but soon saw his eyes say 'stop.' I pulled away completely, putting my right hand on my stomach and my left over my mouth. 

"I'm so sorry," I said, my words muffled by my hand. I felt the tears come back, and I turned around and began hiding behind a bush behind Teddy's house, so I could still hear and see the boys. 

I wiped my eyes and stopped sniffling to focus on the boys to see what they'd do.  

Teddy POV

I didn't want her to pull away. I was surprised she knew about my crush. I was mad at myself. I should've kept holding her like I'd imagined about doing so many times. She likes me too and I ruined it because I didn't want Chris and them to get mad at me. 

"You like Noah, too?" I heard Chris ask as he rose from the log and walk to me. 

"Too?" Vern said out loud. 

"Yeah, I like Noah. What's wrong with that?" Chris responded, still looking at me. I was shook that he did, even though it was obvious we all had some sort of crush on her. 

"What's wrong with me likin' her then, Chris?" I said, stepping closer to her. 

"She's mine."

"After she ran to me like she did, I don't think so."

"Shut up, you four eyed pile of shit!" Chris and I both stepped closer, us practically inches aprt, ready to fight. 

"Look! You both can like her, she doesn't belong to anyone, and no fighting. Keep it civil. You know Noah would hate if you were fighting over her." Gordie stepped to us to try and break it up.