United Again

"So, it has come to our attention that the things you have wrote in this diary are concerning of the school

"So, it has come to our attention that the things you have wrote in this diary are concerning of the school. Have a seat while we talk about this," the principal said, pointing to the seat next to Ace. 

I slowly moved my legs and sat in the ugly printed chair. I set my backpack down on the floor next to my feet and looked at Ace with an angry expression. 

Then in that sudden moment, I felt a feeling I hoped I would never feel; I missed my friends. Well, ex-friends. Then, I felt angry. I looked at the principal and said, "look, I understand that what I wrote in this book concerns you, but it's none of your goddamn business, so I will not do whatever you need me to, you will not suspend or expell anyone and I will be taking this back. Screw you guys for getting in my personal business and not respecting my privacy."  

I stood up, snatched my book from Ace and threw my backpack over my shoulder. I started walking towards the door, but stopped, turned around, and said, "and it's not a diary."

I stormed out of the room and ran out the front doors. I figured since she called me as last period was ending, I'd be fine to leave. 

I got to the tree house, but remembered I was ignoring them. I just really wanted to see if they were there. I had at least one class with two of them, and I didn't see any of them at school at all today. 

I got to the tree house and did the secret knock. 

No answer. I climbed in and looked around. Nobody was in here. I shrugged and went back down the ladder. I walked to Teddy's house, but on the way I remembered something else. 

"Oh shit! I was supposed to meet Tara after school!" I ran back to school and looked everywhere for her. She was new to me, so I had no idea where she lived. Luckily, school is open until 4, so I went back inside and asked the front desk lady if she had a school directory. She said yes and gave it to me. 

I looked through it for Tara and found her address. I wrote it down and thanked the lady before leaving and going towards the address written on my small, crumbled piece of paper. 

I got to the address and stood in front of it for a second, thinking. 

Why am I going to such high extent to be friends with her? I can just go to my old friends and just tell the boys I won't date any of them. That's a lose lose, but still. 

I walked up and knocked. My stomach dropped as I heard the door knob twist. But, it came back up when I saw the familiar face that belonged to Tara. 

"Hey, Tara! It's-"

"Noah. I can see that." She left the door open, letting me know I can come in, but walked off with an unamused look.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I ran out of school after the principal called me, and by the time I remembered that I was supposed to look for you, it was well past 3:15. I'm so sorry," I said, walking in after her and closing the front door softly. I looked around her house and it was surprisingly clean.