Trip to Hell

*contains strong language and thoughts of death*

After it was eight and everyone for sure had to go home, I stayed in the tree house. I figured I wouldn't be going to school tomorrow, and I told Teddy in case he wanted to join me. 

Truth is, Tara and I are so similar that I hoped one of the two boys would think she's just as great as I am. Then I wouldn't feel so bad about choosing one over the other. 

I eventually spaced out in the tree house, imagining scenarios that may happen in the future with the six of us. 

Then, just as I was about to drift off into peaceful sleep, a horrible, true thought popped into my head; i'm being a burdon by bringing Tara into the gang after I said I wouldn't even come back myself. 

After somehow convincing my brain to fall asleep, I woke up drenched in sweat. 

"What the hell?" I said out loud as I wiped my forehead. I looked around and realized that I wasn't the only thing that got wet. Then, I realized it wasn't sweat, it was rain.

"Shit," I said as I grabbed my backpack and checked to make sure nothing inside of it got too soaked. 

After that, I left the tree house and walked to Patsy's. Yes, it was more a place for us five, now six, but half of the gang was in school right now and I was hungry. 

And of course, the one day I, not only came alone, but also without my knife, which I left in my bedside table at home, Ace and his shitty friends are there. It feels almost disrespectful to call them a gang, but it was sadly the best way to describe them. 

I tried to avoid them, but of course Billy noticed me and called out my name.

"Noah," he said as I stopped and slowly turned around. 

"Hey, look who it is. My trashy sister's new friend," Charlie said as the boys got out of their booth and started walking towards me. I got scared and went out the doors, them following me. 

"Leave me alone for once in your goddamn life, Ace," I said, trying to get away from them.

I should've left the moment I saw their stupid faces. Why I didn't, I have no idea. Guess today made me feel over everyone, so I felt like getting in trouble for some odd reason. 

"No. Hey." Ace came over and grabbed my wrist, jerking me back. I tried to pull my arm out from his grip, but he was too strong and I hadn't eaten dinner or breakfast so I was weak.

"You're extra weak today, huh," Ace said, almost reading my mind. 

"Haven't eaten in in fourteen hours," I said, still trying to pull my arm before they did something bad to me.

Ace pulled me around the corner of the strip of stores and brought me to the alley where you couldn't see from the street. He slammed me against the brick wall, which I'll admit hurt a little more now that I was weak.