Chapter Thirty Three

Bianca grabbed my hand and lead me around the mansion towards the side.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

She gave me a mischievous smile. "We're going to steal a car. Alessio doesn't care what I do, and Enzo can't stop me from coming and going, but they might try and stop you. We have to be sneaky!" She said with a giggle.

I couldn't help but laugh with her.

She stopped at the edge of the building and peaked around the corner. "Perfect, the garage is open."

She pulled me around the corner and inside the garage, before ducking down behind a car. The sneaking around was giving me a rush of adrenaline and I had to suppress a giggle of excitement. She peaked over the car before motioning for me to follow her lead.

She quietly opened the door to a fancy sport car and gestured for me to climb in first. I gracelessly climbed in and tripped over the center console into the passenger seat. She climbed in after me, covering her mouth with the hand to stop from laughing.

Bianca pulled the sunshield down and the keys fell down, right into her lap. "Tombola!"

(Bingo!)

She pulled the car forward and out of the garage, past a surprised looking Enzo. "Bianca! Dove stai andando? Stefano si arrabbierà!" He yelled, but Bianca just waved and sped off towards the gate. She pressed a button on the roof of the car and the gate opened for us.

(Bianca! Where are you going? Stefano's going to be pissed!)

We giggled about our escape and talked aimlessly for most of the ride, which was only about twenty minutes. As the road curve, I got my first glance of the village. It was absolutely breathtaking. The village was built on the side of a hill, facing the ocean. It was colorful and everything was so close together. As we got closer and the car slowed down, I put the window down to get a better look.

There were flowers in almost every windowsill and people were bustling around. Women were hanging up clothes to dry on clothing lines and kids played in the side streets. As the car passed, people stopped what they were doing to watch. Fancy sports cars probably didn't drive through this village very often.

She parked the car in a lot, and I stepped out in excitement. I had been in Italy for a little while now, but this was the first time I actually felt like I was in a foreign country. The streets were made of cobblestones and everything looked old in a beautiful, historical way. I could smell the air from the ocean.

"This is gorgeous."

Bianca grinned. "That's exactly why I couldn't let them keep you locked up in the estate."

"What should we do?" I asked, still looking around and taking in my surroundings.

"I was thinking we grab some lunch, walk around the market, and then go down to see the beach?" She suggested.

I nodded. "That sounds perfect."

We ended up in a small restaurant that Bianca said had amazing food. Not that it really mattered to me anyway, I could be eating a stale bag of chips and I'd still be happy to be here. We talked about our lives and got to talking about her upcoming wedding.

"So? How excited are you? It's coming up so soon!" I asked.

Bianca grinned. "It doesn't feel real, honestly. I've loved Enzo for so long, it's like a dream."

I could only imagine being in her shoes and how exciting it would be. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you! I've been planning my bachelorette party and you have to be there. I know you won't be able to drink, but it's going to be so fun." She rambled in excitement.