Chapter 1: The Sonogram

Chapter 1

With shaking hands and teary eyes, the omega stared at the white stick with a blank expression. For the third time in a row, he was only seeing one line on the stick.

"Why am I so useless?......." he whispered to himself as a single tear slid down his cheek.

"Jimin. Baby I'm home, where are you?" he heard from down the hall and immediately snapped his head up to look at the doorway. Scrambling as quickly as he could he wrapped the stick up in toilet tissue and hid it in in the trashcan.

'he's going to be so disappointed.... I'll tell him later.' Jimin thought while wiping the tears from his eyes and splashing his face with water.

"I'm in the restroom, be out in a minute" he answered down the hallway as he washed his hands.

'Fuck...what am I going to do now? I don't think we can afford another round' Jimin's head was spinning from his thoughts, but he fought them to put on a smiling face for his husband.

"Hey babe how was work?" he asked his husband, JooHo, as he handed him a cup of tea that he made while waiting for a hopeful second line to appear on the cursed white stick.

His husband only grunted in response and looked him in the eye

"Why are you home? Did you call out of work today? I normally beat you home." Jimin didn't know how to respond to this without telling him that he was concerned about the IVF taking or discussing pregnancy itself. He didn't want to talk about any of that.

"I just didn't feel well today so I came home early is all." Jimin attempted to see if his husband would drop the subject.

Jooho's eyes darkened at his response.

"You know missing hours means less money, and with you throwing away all our extra money just because you can't seem to successfully carry a baby without intervention, we seem to be running low pretty quickly. When are you going to give up and accept that you are a failure of an omega? Your womb will forever be empty. Hell, you didn't even have sex with me for the last 2 attempts at a baby."

"The IVF doctor explained to you why we needed to avoid sex! You knew that Jooho!! The doctor suggested resting. Why are you suddenly faulting me on all of this? Have I not been a good husband to you over these few years? I was there for you and with you when you almost failed out of your senior year of college, and I had almost straight A'. I could have left and found a better alpha who didn't dick away his time instead of working on assignments. Whatever happened to our vows? I'm a failure of an omega to you simply because I have not been able to keep a pregnancy. That is bullshit and you know it! For the record, the last round of IVF didn't work AGAIN!!! and I'm NOT PREGNANT AGAIN!! I'm SO sorry for wasting so much of your precious money trying to build us a family!"

With that Jimin walked past his husband and left the house.

On his way down the hall he bumped into a younger alpha, probably 24 or so years old, who had a large bag and a luggage cart as he was exiting the elevator. He had never seen this alpha before and judging by the large bag and the cart of luggage, he may have been just moving in. The alpha's eyes widened for a moment as he took in the omega's sad but extremely sweet scent, along with his beautiful tear-streaked face. He mumbled a "sorry" and lowered his gaze to avoid staring at him. 'beautiful' he thought to himself as he watched the elevator doors close between his gaze and the omega. He turned to resume his quest down the hall to his new apartment.

Jooho took out his phone to send a text message and left shortly after his husband walked out. Leaving apartment 5810, he rounded the corner to the elevators, he bumped into the tall, young alpha. With a scowl he grunted out "Watch where you're going, you clumsy pup!!"