Life or Death (Rewrite)

Clang, clang.

The sound of metal hitting something similar to it is heard.

"Well, you're doing great holding out for this long."

The Grim Reaper's apprentice Mori Calliope commended the efforts of her opponent.

"Oh please, I don't need your praises."

Her opponent simply replied back. Ceres Fauna, the one who governs over life at the council.

Why are they currently in a middle of a fight you might ask.

The reason is simple, Mori decided that humans aren't worth enough to stay alive and should be exterminated.

But Fauna thinks otherwise and they should give them another chance, sure they might be destroying nature but, she has huge faith with humans, after all. Not every human is the same.

So now we're here, a battle between life and death. Whoever wins will get to do what they want, Omega is watching them.

Clang,

Another sound of the same metal hitting is heard once again.

Mori swings her scythe horizontally at Fauna in which Fauna responds by blocking it with a tree branch that she improved and revitalize to make it useable as a weapon.

"You don't have to hold back you know? I know that you have much more than something as simple as this!"

Mori shouted as she once again swings her scythe at Fauna.

"I could say the same to you!"

Fauna responds to her question as well as teleporting suddenly behind Mori. The scythe that Mori swung to Fauna sliced Fauna's tree clone.

Before Mori could process what just happened, she got stabbed in the shoulder with Fauna's revitalize tree branch.

"Gahk!"

The grim reaper's apprentice shouted out in pain as she teleports away from the one who stabbed her.

Mother Nature winced at the blood from the tree branch she's holding as she drops it. Feeling bad from hurting her friend.

"C-Calli are you-"

Before she could finish what she was saying, Mori cuts her off by reappearing from behind her. Fauna had no time to react and she could only shield herself using her arms.

Mori swings down her scythe scratching Fauna's arms, making them bleed. Fauna screams out in pain as she stumbles down to the ground, her butt hitting the grass ground.

Mori aims her scythe at Fauna's neck.

"Check... Mate..."

Mori panted as an attack from none other than Nature itself that is full of life damaged her much more than she thought.

The same can be said from Fauna, she is also panting. She felt as if she just lost 10% of her life force with that scratch.

Polar opposites does attract each other as well as significantly damages each other.

"We're not done yet."

"What do you-"

Before Mori could finish her sentence, she struck down from behind by Fauna, the one that Mori strucked was apparently just a tree clone.

Mori falls down limp to the ground, the attack Fauna exerted was too much for her and as such, she was on the verge of losing consciousness.

"Grim Reaper or not, you will never be able to hold your ground against a member of the council."

Fauna stated as Mori falls unconscious. Of course Fauna won't leave her just like that as she heals her back up.

"I'll handle everything else."

Omega appears out of nowhere as she carries Mori.

"Ah, Omega... Alright, hopefully this won't sever our friendship that much."

"Don't worry, she's not the type who would easily get mad at something like this."

Omega teleports leaving Fauna all alone by herself.

"I guess I should probably fix this stuff up..."

Fauna mumbles while looking back at the mess both she and Mori made.

--------

A/n: so uh, what do you think?