Chapter 2

A knock on Hoshi's door snapped him out of his reading zone. He placed the ribbon bookmark in to save his place, and then left his bed to get the door. On the other side stood Mr.Forger, Hoshi froze not really knowing what to do. It took him a few seconds to gather himself before greeting the man.
     "Mr.Forger, you're back.. Did you forget something by accident in my room?" Hoshi asked, finding only one logical answer to why the blond was here.
     "No I didn't forget anything Hoshi, I've decided to adopt you, would that be ok with you?" Loid responded. Hoshi could feel his heart swell up with happiness, he swore it could pop with joy at any moment.
Hoshi struggled to gather himself, and wasn't quite sure what to say to his new legal guardian. "I'll get packed up as soon as I can sir." Hoshi spoke with a bright smile displayed on his face.
     "Please, no need to be so formal, just call me father." Loid spoke as he walked into Hoshi's room to help him pack.

     Hoshi looked back at the old building he once called home. His old red leather suitcase placed beside him. To be completely transparent, Hoshi was so nervous thinking about his new life with Mr.Forger… or now Father. But hopefully he would have a good life with the man. Maybe he could go to a library for once, or maybe even go to a proper school. Maybe Hoshi could live up to his dream of being an artist. Just the thought made his heart flutter and a warm and fuzzy feeling bubbled up in his chest.
     "Are you ready to go?" Loid's voice spoke, breaking the brunette out of his thoughts.
     "Yes sir. .. I mean Father!" Hoshi yelped, hoping he didn't upset his new parent.   Though to his surprise he was met with a soft chuckle. A bit of confusion muttered in the back corners of the teen's head but he tuned them out and walked over to the taxi cab his father had hailed.
     Loid held the door open for Hoshi, letting the teen get in first, before following in after. Hoshi's eyes sparkled with excitement, he was going to the start of his new life. It felt more exciting than reading the following of a cliffhanger in a book, or getting to the end of a drawing.

     "You have a younger sister back home." Loid spoke. Hoshi gasped with excitement, a younger sibling! Someone to teach new things to, a friend, he couldn't wait to meet her. "You'll have to share a room though, so I hope you don't mind."
     "I'm ok with it, I won't be lonely anymore. I can't wait to meet them, how old are they, what is she like?" Hoshi replied, he could feel his heart beating faster and faster. Loid was a little startled by the sudden shift in Hoshi's speaking patterns, as the boy's voice was a tad louder, and the nervous undertone was almost completely gone. It was hard to miss how visibly excited they were.
     "Anya is six, and is very curious. I find her a bit difficult to understand sometimes, though I hope you two can get along." Loid answered. Hoshi smiled wider, as his excitement only grew.

     After a bit of a drive, Hoshi followed Loid out of the taxi and into the new apartment building that was now his home. Loid led the teen up a few flights of stairs before stopping in front of a wooden door. Loid opened the door and let Hoshi in first.
     The teen observed his new surroundings, a living room, rather spotless, was the first immediate thing in his path of vision. A small gray sofa and matching chairs, with a wooden coffee table in between the three pieces of furniture. Several light fixtures and lamps lit up the space, and two large windows aided into the room feeling much more open and big.
     He could pick up the soft sound of feet hitting the wooden floor and looked over to see a small girl poking her head around a corner. She had short pink hair that curled slightly, and black hair bun caps on her head. A matching black dress laid on her body, with a simple white ribbon bow on the collar.
     "PAPA!" She called in excitement as she ran to hug Loid's legs. Loid sighed but bent down to give the child a proper hug. The little girl must be Anya, she seemed to be a hyperactive little bean, but most children were at her age.
     "Anya, this is your new big brother, Hoshi." Loid explained, taking the liberty of introducing the two.
     Hoshi bent down closer to the floor to meet his new sibling. She happily made her way over to him and hugged him tightly.
     "Anya loves her new big brother!" She chirped with a big bright smile. Hoshi was quick to hug back, smiling just as big.
     "Hoshi loves his new younger sister just as much." He responded, gaining a gasp of excitement from Anya. Hoshi felt like he was going to cry due to how happy he was.
     "Anya, why don't you show Hoshi to their new room?" Loid spoke, causing another excitement gasp to be heard from the pink haired girl. Anya was quick to drag Hoshi out of the living room and to their new room.
     Anya stopped in front of a simple wooden door, and turned the knob to reveal their shared bedroom. It wasn't the biggest room for two in the world, but Hoshi didn't mind much.
     The walls were a soft cream color, and the floors were wooden like the rest of the apartment. A bunk bed sat in the back right corner, with several blankets and pillows on each bed. Parallel to it in the left corner was a large wooden dresser. It had an area for hanging pieces of clothing, and a section for folded pieces of clothing. On the side facing the door was a long mirror for checking one's attire. And a small desk was nuzzled into each corner closest to the door.
     "What do you think, shi-shi?" Anya asked. Hoshi's heart swelled at the nickname, and smiled brightly as he gently patted Anya's head.
     "I can't wait to get settled in." The teen replied rather chipper with his words.
     "Anya can help! Anya can help!" His new little sister cheered as she jumped up and down.
     "Thank you Anya, I would love your help." Hoshi laughed as he opened his suitcase.