004

"so should i call you romin now?" hyejin asked curiously, her voice breaking the silence that was previously there. suprised by the sudden question, youngmin could only stare at her before the it seemed to process. turning red he looked away and cleared his throat "if you want, i don't mind"

nodding to herself, hyejin hummed in thought before looking up at youngmin with a bright smile as her eyes lit up "okay since i'm calling you romin, you can call me dawn!"

"dawn?" was all youngmin could get out as he was confused by the sudden proclamation.

"yeah. it would've been my stage name if i became an idol..." trailing off, hyejin looked down somewhat sadly before shaking her head. quickly shooting youngmin a smile, she continued "that way we both have stage names!"

"you wanted to be an idol?" the question slipped out of youngmin's mouth before he could stop himself and he almost immediatly regretted it at hyejin's sad smile. panicking he quickly tried to change the subject "you don't have to answer! don't worry about it! wow the weathers nice today isn't it?" looking anywhere but hyejin, youngmin continued on a small rant about the weather, even going as far as to share some random facts he knew.
hyejin couldn't help it and burst out laughing halfway through youngmin's rant and had to stop walking. after catching her breath she looked up to him with a genuine smile "your so cute. but i think i can tell you, it's not like it's a secret or anything" turning her attention down to the sidewalk, she missed seeing youngmin's blush and continued walking as she talked "well when i was younger, i'd say around thirteen to eighteen, i wanted to be an idol really bad. it was my dream and still kinda is though i gave up after not getting accepted into a company during all that time and instead decided to follow my second dream" smiling to herself she looked up and scratched the back of her neck awkwardly "well i guess not really cause i don't own my own cafe..... but i'm close and the owner of the cafe i work at now said i'll be able to inherit it when she retires"
youngmin listened to hyejin's story intently and by the end of it he had a newfound determination. gently grabbing hyejin's hand he stopped walking and waited until she looked at him before he spoke:

"how old are you dawn?"

smiling at the use of her nickname, hyejin replied "i'm nineteen almost twenty, how old are you romin?"

"i'm twenty-one but that's not the point" smiling he continued "do you still wish to be an idol? cause i believe in you, your still young and have time and if you would like.." trailing of with a blush he continued though his voice was softer "when i'm free.. i can help you practice though of course you'd have to still practice alone when we can't meet" noticing tears start to form in hyejin's eyes, youngmin felt his heart drop as he started to panic. had he said something wrong? did she not wanna train with him? did she even want to be an idol anymore? seeing the tears fall he acted without thinking and pulled hyejin into a tight yet comforting hug as he quickly apologized "i'm so sorry! i shouldn't of brought it up! i'm an asshole so you can hit me if you want, i deserve it so please just hit me and stop crying" his heart was beating so fast in his chest he thought it would explode. was this how hyejin felt when she found him? was that why she walked up to him?

sniffling hyejin slowly pulled away from youngmin, effectively earning a small flinch from him as he was probably expecting to be hit. letting out a shaky laugh, hyejin quickly wiped at her eyes as she looked up at youngmin.

"i'm not gonna hit you romin, you didn't do anything wrong so don't worry"

"then why'd you start crying? i must've said something-" youngmin was cut off by hyejin shaking her head as she gently pulled him into another hug

"these aren't sad tears..... i'm happy. what you said made me really happy" pausing she buried her face into his chest with a blush "when i first gave up my dream... everyone supported my decicion, no one questioned why or reassured me that i can still be an idol. no one told me i didn't have to give up" sniffling she looked up at youngmin with a bright smile "so of course i'd love your help, i'll work hard and won't give up again"

as long as i have you

youngmin smiled as a blush made it's way to his face, reaching up he wiped the rest of hyejin's tears away before dropping his hand down to interlace them with hyejin's smaller hand. pulling her close they got back to walking in a comfortable silence, both just enjoying each others company.

once they made it to hyejin's place, youngmin was about to give hyejin her groceries back then say goodbye but before he could do anything, hyejin was dragging him into her house with a smile

"c'mon in and have some tea. consider it thanks for earlier as well as walking me home"