chapter seven

Y/n pov

We drove back to hq in the van. I was sitting next to vigilante as he was looking at his toe. " so after the butterfly flew out of goffs head what happened to it?" Harcourt asked. " I shot it, it just blew apart" peacemaker said. Nut I knew he was lying. " would have been nice to capture it. But I guess it's good it didn't get away" she said. " hey are you okay?" I whispered to vigilante. " im not sure I'm ever gonna walk again" he said.  " why?" Economos asked. " motherfucker cut half my pinky toe off. It's the most important toe there is." He said. They started arguing about his pinky toe.

Then judomaster fell over. " what are we gonna do about him?" I asked. Then peacemaker and vigilante aimed their guns at him. " No!" Me adebayo and harcourt said.

*at hq*

Everyone started putting boxes everywhere and vigilante kept limping. And then murn walked in. " you okay to drive?" He asked vigilante. " yeah" he responded catching the keys. " hey vigilante can I maybe ride with you?" I asked. he nodded his head and I smiled at him.

"Harcourt and adebayo, go through those boxes from the Goff residence. See if there's anything to lead us to other butterflies." He told them. "Me? Why not john?" She argued. "He's got to keep judomaster alive! Peacemaker my office." He told her and walked off.

" are You sure you're okay to drive?" I asked vigilante. " yeah I'm gonna be fine if I not lean on my toe. Thanks tho" he said and I nodded.

We heard some yelling from murns office and looked at each other.

When peacemaker came back outside I followed them to the car. I got in the back and peacemaker and vigilante in the front.

Vigilante took off his mask and put on his glasses. I have to admit he was really cute and handsome I stopped staring and looked outside. " hey swing by my dad's on the way home. He's got a helmet I think I can use in all this." peacemaker told vigilante. " listen I've been meaning to thank you for allowing me to get tortured last night. " vigilante said looking mad. " you're welcome?" Peacemaker said. "You know I would... for a minute I was kinda PO'd. Like you didn't care about the fact that I was in... you know agonizing pain!" He told peacemaker. " okay?" Peacemaker said not knowing what to do.

"Yeah but then I realized you were supporting me and helping me to become the best me that I could be. Someone who doesn't spill the beans while being electrocuted and having half his toe cut off." he said. "You seem to be walking okay." Peacemaker said. " well I'll probably never walk as good again." He said. " it's not about the toe chris he's just upset that you let him get tortured and didn't care" I said and he looked at me. " never had a friend quite like you" vigilante said still angry at peacemaker. They stared at each other for a moment.

" what?" Vigilante asked. "It just seems that under the surface you're kinda angry about it" peacemaker said. Wow what a genius. " im not" vigilante replied. And they kept arguing for a while. We arrived at peacemakers dad's house and stopped the car.

" why does your father have an upside down American flag on his lawn?" I asked. "I don't know. It's a deep state thing" he said. "Or your dad is a racist wack job" vigilante said. "Oh yeah? Your dad left your mom for another dude" peacemaker said. "Yeah and they're deeply in love" he replied. " I doubt it. You know I think he's just pretending to be gay to get away from you" peacemaker said. "Hey!" I said. "Okay maybe but what does that have to do with anything?" Vigilante asked." Absolutely nothing" I replied. "Idk I thought we were talking about dad's. Stay here, I'll be back" peacemaker said getting out the car.

We sat in the car when vigilante started taking off his suit. "Wow what are you doing?!" I asked. "Taking off my suit?" He replied. "You know I'm still here right?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. I looked out the window until he was done.

We started to have a conversation about random things. "You know you really are pretty" he said out of nowhere. I blushed " thank you. You're quite handsome yourself" I replied smiling. We were staring into each other's eyes and leaning in. When suddenly a bird came crashing to the window. We quickly pulled away and went inside to see what was taking peacemaker so long.