chapter nine

Adebayo continued to try and convince Chris not to go see his dad. i needed to go to the restroom and left. when i came back adebayo sat on a bench alone. just when i sat down next to her Chris walked out of the prison. "where's vigilante?" i asked. "that was vigilante i had no idea, wow that was unexpected" she said with sarcasm. "shut up" chris said. "he had to go do something." she said. "what'd your dad say?" i asked. "jesus christ he said he was gonna rat us out" chris said turning to me. "have you slept?" adebayo asked. "no" chris said. "let me drop you off" adebyo offered. "what are we gonna so about-i started saying. "his dad?" adebyo intterupted me. "murn will work it out it's fine. i just don't want you to get arrested while you were in there" she finished her sentence. "murn said we gotta keep eyes on vigilante" he said poinitng at me and i nodded. "don't worry about it, it'll be fine too." she called out. 

i got into her car and we started driving. i zoned out until adebayo got a call from economos. "hey john" she answered the phone. economos said something that i couldn't hear. "who?' she asked. it turned out judomaster had escaped and attacked economos. 

we got there and economos was sitting on the floor with a bleeding nose and not breathing properly. "where did he go?" chris asked. adebayo gave him his puff and he told chris he went out the hallway window. chris ran towards it and i stayed behinf with economos when adebayo ran after him. after a little we heard a gun shot. we put judomaster on the couch and started trying to save him. harcourt walked in and sat next to adebayo. "first i manipulated vigilante into getting into prison and killing peacemaker's father" i heard adebayo say from behind me. "hold up you did what?!" i asked her rasing my voice a little. 

we drove back to hq and murn was really mad at us. "every time i turn my back one of you is diong something fucked up! i thought waller gave me soldiers! instead i got the fucking apple dumple gang!" he said with his hands on his hips and economos started laughing. "classic pull" he said. "and who are the apple dumple gang?" harcourt asked. "incompetent dingusses!" murn said. "but they always triumph in the end!" economos said. "fuck you John!" murn yelled agressively pointing a finger at him. "you told vigilante to kill peacemaker's father?" he asked adebayo. "i didn't tell him to, i just kind of put the idea into his head" she said. "as if that makes it better!" i snapped at her. they continued bickering for a while. " he is a trained killer and could kill vigilante! and without vigilante we're a man down!" murn yelled grabbing my attention. "half a man down that guy is a psychopath"harcourt said. "it's the five of us against a damn alien invasion, we need a psychopath" murn said. "i'm sorry mister murn" adebayo said apologetic. 

"can you get vigilante out of the system? before he screws us more than we're already screwed" murn asked. i grabbed my computer and logged into the prison's software. "we don't even know this guy's name" Economs said. "yes i do" i answered and began getting him out of the system. "adrian chase, the vigilante?" he asked from behind me looking at what i was doing. "yep that's him" i said and finished gettig him out.