Chapter Nine

Alessandro POV
*mature content ahead*

"It is three in the morning, why the fuck are you awake?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes as I spoke to the person.

"Look," she said over the phone, "I need your help. I can't ask anyone else and my brothers would kill me if they knew where I was right now. Will you help?"

I didn't know Chiara well, but I knew she wasn't stupid.

If she was calling me at this time, with me being her last resort, then she definitely wasn't playing around.

I threw the covers off my body and groaned as I got up. "Where are you?"

"Via Tina Anselmi, where the supermarket is. I got a flat tire, I just need a ride home because I don't have any spare tires on me." She explained.

"Give me a few minutes."

It took me fifteen minutes to get there and when I did, Chiara was sitting on the pavement edge, a duffle bag next to her.

"Where have you been? It's late." I asked her.

"I went to the gym." She replied, gesturing to her gym bag.

"What kind of gym is open at three in the morning?"

"It isn't, I just went for a long drive after my session."

"Just get in the car," I muttered, rolling my eyes, "I'm tired."

She sighed, and stood up. Grabbing her bag, she walked over to the passenger side and got in.

The entire ride to her house, she didn't say a word to me. We drove in silence, with no music or anything and all she did was stare out of the window.

When we got to her house,I stopped the car and turned to her. Her hand reached for the door handle but I quickly locked the doors.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked, turning to me.

"We both know you weren't at the gym for that long Chiara, so where were you? Answer me honestly."

"You really think I'll answer that? Coming from you ? No, definitely not." She laughed a little. "Now open the door Russo, you're wasting my time."

'You should count your fucking blessings Martinez, I came out here to help you and you won't even give me a straight answer. Do you want me to go and tell your brothers about this?"

"No, don't you dare. The one thing I asked you to do was not to tell my brothers. Just do me this one favour, and keep it quiet."

"I will, provided you tell me why you were out so late. As your future husband, I have to be a little concerned if my wife begins going out late at night." I told her, giving her that look.

"Really? You want to pull that argument out?" She raised her eyebrows at me, and I nodded.

"Fine. I went to the docks to find a stolen drug shipment. I went and got them, got into a little... altercation, and then I went for a long drive and ended up getting a flat tire."

"You what?" I asked. "What do you mean by an altercation? Huh?"

"Four guys tried to rape me, so I had to fight them." She shrugged.

"Fought them how?"

"My fists... and a knife." She said the last part as a whisper.

"Give me the knife." I said, holding my hand out.

"You're joking, right?"

I shook my head.

"No."

"Chi-"