¹¹envious

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ. "ᵉⁿᵛⁱᵒᵘˢ"

sae-bom was staring out the window, a lit cigarette in her hand as the younger students were behind her, all of them waiting for joon-yeong to finish the drone. her brown irises scanned over the school grounds visible, noticing how zombies were littered themselves everywhere.

if it weren't for the fact that she had been inside this school since the apocalypse had started, she would've mistaken this place as a zombie-zone, in which case, it was. no one from outside wouldn't even want to go near it, in fear that they'd turn into one of them as well.

her eyes then strayed towards the city in the further distance, taking a puff from the stick in between her fingers. "you know, if you don't die from these zombies, you're going to die from lung cancer."

the girl hummed, not bothering to turn around to see the person who stood next to her, already knowing who it was. "'m not too phased by it. if mom and se-bin are already one of them, then i might as well become a zombie as well."

a frown formed itself on su-hyeok's face, placing his hand on the girl's shoulder. "they're probably safe. knowing you, you probably told ha-neul to go to them right away. besides, we don't fully know whether the zombies made it to the city or not."

at his last sentence, sae-bom blinked for a second, before standing up properly. she grabbed his blazer sleeve, pulling him somewhat close to her as she then pointed out the window, directly towards the bridge in the distance.

though, su-hyeok wasn't looking at what she was looking at. the girl was only a couple inches shorter than her, as he stood at exactly six foot, so when she brought him close to her body, the boy grew flustered, being this close to the girl he admired most. "w-what are you doing?"

she continued to point out her hand that held her cigarette. "see that over there?"

she was pointing at the bridge the connected the side where their school was situated, to the main city at the other side. on the bridge, there were cars all over. not in a traffic way, but more of a bombarded way. they could also see a grey smoke from that area, indicating that a car could've crashed and caused an fire.

"the cars are all bunched up together, mainly heading towards this side of the bridge. but they've all stopped, and some of them even have the car doors open, meaning that people must've ran away. you know what that could mean, right?" the girl directed, raising a brow at him as she asked him the question.

realising what she was leading onto, he slowly nodded. "y-yeah."

sae-bom let out a sigh, letting him go in the process. "i don't know where my mind is right now. they're not answering my texts and i can't help but simply think of them being-"

"hey." he cut her off. as sae-bom turned to look at him, su-hyeok placed both his hands on her shoulders, the two of them not at a close proximity. "they're going to be alright, okay? right now, they're probably trying to call you, but can't because of no signal or something. they're not dead, alright?"

exhaling, the girl nodded. "fine. they're alright. they're okay. and i'm going to continue my smoke."

chuckling softly, the boy nodded. "you do that."

unaware to the pair, a couple of envious eyes watched the two interact, mentally cursing the male as they wanted to be in his place right now.

"does it work?" sae-bom asked, leaning against the wall as she watched from behind joon-yeong, peering down from behind his shoulder.

"i think it will." he told her. he then took his glasses off, placing it down as he then placed the vr head piece on. he then grabbed the controller, beginning to take control of the drone.

sae-bom let out a low whistle, watching as the drone's blades began to whir in a fast speed, rising from the surface to mid air. "sick."

as it was floating in a calm motion, it abruptly changed direction, instantly zooming to the left. everyone - part sae-bom and joon-yeong - flinched, moving away from the drone in fear that it was going to hit them.

"that thing's fucking fast!" dae-su exclaimed, crouching down to joon-yeong seated height level.

"i'm going to find cheong-san first, then i'll take it outside." joon-yeong informed them. "if i find any rescuers, i'll land in front of them."

just as the drone was about to fly out, nam-ra called out. "wait!"

eyes turned her way, the drone stopping as they waited for the girl to speak.

"they say that when people know that their situation is hopeless, that's when they despair." nam-ra informed them, though they didn't really understand what she meant.

"sweet saying." dae-su commented. "but what does that mean?"

gyeong-su slapped the boy's head. "dumbass, nam-ra's saying that..."

as gyeong-su tralied off, sae-bom raised a brow at him. "you were saying?"

"shut up! not like you would know what she meant either!" the boy tried to defend himself.

the girl replied with a scoff. "as if. i actually do know what she meant."

the boy raised his brows. "oh yeah? what is it."

the girl scoffed again. "she's saying that if we don't get rescued out of here, we shouldn't go fucking bat shit crazy. think logically or else we'll die."

the silence around her made the girl raise her brow. no one spoke anything, simply processing the words that just left the girl's mouth. gyeong-su actually looked shocked, that the words that left her mouth actually made sense.

sae-bom huffed at him, raising the middle finger to his face. "just because i don't get good grades doesn't make me an idiot. i'm actually fucking smarter than you so you can respectfully keep your judgement to yourself."

the boy raised his middle finger in return as well, poking his tongue out like a child. sae-bom simply did the same.

"though..." sae-bom looked back to nam-ra. "despite what you said being true, there are times where a human simply cannot think logical. take gyeong-su as an example." at this comment, the boy let out a 'hey!', glaring at her. "in situations like these, the best thing we could do is simply hope. with this, there's still a chance of gaining a positive outcome. though with a terrible situation, like zombie for example, there could simply be nothing logical that one could think of. not one that would keep them alive."

her words were sincere, as sae-bom simply took this advice to herself. her thinking logically would be trying to be understanding of the situation, finding a way to get out of here. but the one thing she relied on was hope, as she desperately needed it for her to be able to get through with the plan to escape.

dae-su carefully raised a hand, pointing out the window. "i think that flying out the drone would be the logical thing tight now."

upon the loud silence, dae-su managed to break it with his statement. sae-bom turned to him with a fake-ish smile (like ya know that ones that workers would simply give you?), clapping her hands together as she slightly bowed. "ah yes, good job for thinking that dae-su. would you like a sticker as a reward?"

 would you like a sticker as a reward?"