¹⁷scratched

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ. ˢᶜʳᵃᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ

"fucking hell i'm going to kill that little shit." sae-bom hissed, clutching her forearm. they managed to get back in the room, closing the curtains and covering the windows on the doors.

the others looked at the girl, eyes widening at the bleeding scratch on her forearm. gyeong-su was the one who asked, "what happened to your arm?"

"gwi-nam happened." su-hyeok answered for her, looking inside the room for some alcohol or first aid materials.

"that fuckwit tried to keep me with him, and scratched me as i pulled away." sae-bom continued, wiping the blood off. "why the fuck is it bleeding so much?!"

no one answered the girl, simply letting her fury bounce off herself. "sae-bom."

said-girl looked towards the person who called her name, her angry expression not leaving her face. instead, she walked towards the boy, grabbing his collar. "you! what made you think going out here by yourself was a smart idea?!"

cheong-san certainly didn't expect that from the girl. he expected her to hug him, or even show an amount of worry due to his absence. but instead, he received a chokehold by the girl, yelling at him.

but did he care? lol no. 

he immediately hugged the girl, ignoring the fact that she was practically just cursing him out just then. she, along with others in the room, had their attention caught by the sudden motion, sae-bom softening her voice.

"you're alive." cheong-san whispered, though the room quietened down to where everyone could hear him. "thank god."

"why is that the first thing everyone says when they first see me?" sae-bom asked audibly, "we legit saw each other yesterday--"

"just shut up and hug me back." cheong-san muttered. "please."

sae-bom let out a small scoff, smiling soon after as she engulfed the boy in a tight embrace. a soft silence then waved through the room, letting themselves catch their breaths from their previous run, as well as failure to reach the roof.

though, the gifted silence only allowed sae-bom's hearing to heighten, as the girl turned her head to the far corner of the room, hearing faint grunting noise at the corner of the room. "what the fuck is that-"

 "ˢᶜʳᵃᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ"

"wait..." cheong-san muttered out, a realisation coming to mind, "you said gwi-nam scratched you, right?"

sae-bom raised a brow, before nodding. "yeah? why?"

cheong-san's eyes widened in horror, "gwi-nam was bit by zombies."

this then caused a chain reaction, as everyone else's eyes widened, including sae-bom. the girl stood up from her spot, looking at the boy. "bullshit! that boy wasn't a fucking zombie when we saw him!"

"but i watched him get bit - helld, devoured, by zombies! how was he not a zombie-" cheong-san then cut himself off, sighing after. "look, i don't want to assume you're a zombie because believe me, i really fucking hope you aren't-- but i watched a bunch of zombies eat his fucking flesh. he couldn't still be a human."

"well he still is." sae-bom huffed, sitting back down onto her chair, slouching. "he looked all bloody and shit but he still acted like how he normally is."

"so him acting all touch-y and simp-y towards you was normal?" su-hyeok asked with a panicked expression.

"wait if gwi-nam was a zombie, and he scratched you..." ji-min connected, trailing off before looking at sae-bom. "that'd mean you're going to turn into a zombie as well."

this brought on a deafening silence in the room, sae-bom breaking it with a scoff. the girl stood up from her chair, walking towards the other end of the room, as she muttered, "this is bullshit..."

gyeong-su felt his eyes widen as the bag in his hands were taken away from him. with sad eyes, he watched as his older sister walked towards the window, taking out her pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

it might've seemed like the girl had been way too sensitive with the topic, but she wasn't as dumb as one would've thought. she knew that once cheong-san had stated that gwi-nam was a zombie, he was immediately stating that she was going to turn into one as well.

she was infected, and that would mean they wanted to kick her out of the room. it was what they did to gyeong-su before, surely they'd do the same thing to her, right?

not only that, but sae-bom was scared shitless. she never showed that she was scared, cause she believed it'd be weakness - hence her stubborness. "the only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future", words of will smith - relfecting on the same moment sae-bom was in right now.

if she had nothing to worry about, she would honestly be fine with turning into a zombie. but she remembered her family, friends, ha-neul, everyone else that she cares about. she couldn't give up just yet, not when she doesn't know whether they're alive or not. 

but she also had to worry about the younger students with her. she couldn't endanger them even more, and if she were to turn into a zombie, she'd only be doing that if she stayed with them.  

the girl hopped up on the window sill, sitting down as she faced the outside, her cigarette and lighter in hand. as she took a huff of nicotine in, the girl called out to all them. "if i turn, push me out."

a/n!

a/n!

i hate this chapter i had no clue what to do with it