¹⁵smells like shit

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᶦᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ. "ˢᵐᵉˡˡˢ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ˢʰᶦᵗ"

they were all standing in front of the speaker microphone, the group waiting for nam-ra to finish adjusting the settings. once she gave them the 'go' signal, they all looked at each other.

joon-yeong, who was sitting directly in front of the mic, looked up at his peers. "okay... so who's actually going to say something first? dae-su?"

said-boy glanced at his friend nervously, "i've never done this before-"

"well someone has to do it-"

"what if i stutter? that's going to be embarrassing–"

"no one's going to care if you stutter! our school is literally filled with zombies–"

"oh for fucks sake-" sae-bom, having grown tired of their bickering, moved forwards, her hand holding the mic stand. her mask-covered mouth spoke into the microphone. "ya, cheong-san. we're going to be going to you so sit your fucking ass down in that room. if i find out you leave that room doing some dangerous shit, i swear to god i'll be the reason you die–"

"oookay, let's get you away from the mic." su-hyeok pulled her away, now in her position. "but in terms of what sae-bom said, stay put. we are going to you, so don't go anywhere. i know what you're going to say, but we can't hear you. so stay put. we'll come to you."

and with that, su-hyeok stood back up properly, pulling his body away from the mic. they all looked back up through the window between the rooms, seeing nam-ra hold up the same figure she did earlier.

"anyways we should go." dae-su pointed out, grimacing as he looked behind him. "the smell of shit makes me wanna hurl."

"dude." wu-jin called him out. "that's your shit."

everyone gave him blank stares, pointedly agreeing with wu-jin's statement. gyeong-su shuddered at wu-jin's words, "so i was right... it is shit..."

but dae-su denied it. "it's not just my shit."

"yes, it is." wu-jin continued. sae-bom mentally gagged, before her eyes landed at the green light on the microphone plate. a small choked-laugh escaped her mouth, realising that the microphone had captured the words exchanged just then, as well as the many ears that belonged to living humans inside the building.

"you fuckwits are going to be the death of me i swear." sae-bom muttered, pressing the button on the mic. dae-su widened his eyes upon seeing the fact that it was on the whole time, embarrassment creeping up him. i mean, at least not much people would've heardthat, right?

"ˢᵐᵉˡˡˢ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ˢʰᶦᵗ"

sae-bom, along with su-hyeok and dae-su, all watched as the zombies rushed past the broadcasting room, running towards the speakers above as it played a tune. it reminded sae-bom of her own travels earlier, only that time it was a much shorter travel. they all ran past the room, snarling with anger and need, desperate to reach the sound that travelled into their ears.

the other students inside the room couldn't help but shudder at the sight, as fear and worry grew within them. they knew they had to walk past these creatures, and it could either end with them being in the choir room with cheong-san, or as one of these creatures.

sae-bom noticed that the number of creatures running began to lessen, eventually leading to no zombies running. they were all preoccupied with the speaker at the end of the hallway, which meant that they were ready to go. looking away from the window, she looked back to the younger students. "alright, they're all pretty distracted now. this tape should last for at least three minutes, so should get going now."