~Winter Formal With a Dash of Warmth~

Y/n fixed his tie to his suit as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Today...I'll tell her...today." He whispered.

Asami and Nanami straightened out their dresses, they were going to a dance their school had called the Winter Wonderland Dance. Cheesy...I know.

But either way Chihiro was happy, Asami was happy, and Nanami was happy.

That's all that mattered to Y/n.

Their happiness was because Hitoshi was gone. They could continue to live their lives without ever having to mention him, they could forget all about him.

"You look so handsome, Y/n." Chihiro smiled.

"Thanks ma..." Y/n said. He smiled at Chihiro, causing tears to prick her eyes.

She hugged Y/n again.

"I'm sorry, I just...I can't help it! I've missed your happiness for so long it brings me to tears every time I bear witness to it..." Chihiro whimpered.

Y/n pet his mother's head gently.

"I hope they're tears of happiness..." Y/n said.

"Of course they are!" Chihiro chuckled.

She looked up at her son and smiled at him, he returned the smile.

"You have fun okay?" Chihiro said.

"I will." Y/n said.

~

Y/n pulled in front of Shoko's house, he breathed in, and then out. He finally had nothing holding him back from telling Shoko how he felt. He didn't want to spend their relationship, if she said yes, looking for his father so he could kill him to clear his conscience.

He grabbed the bouquet of roses and walked up to the door. He knocked three times and waited. His eyes widened as he realized his cigarette was still in his mouth-

Shoko opened the door, she had on her dress and looked up at Y/n, a blush rushed to her face instantly.