1:FAMILY

Growing up your life was seen through optimism and fun, your mother and father would encourage you with it, you loved animals dearly. "My dear Y/n, be careful with the squirrel."

You looked at your mom with confusion. "Why?"

"Because we watch over the animals." She smiled kindly.

You smiled back at her then you tilted your head. "Who watches over us mama?"

"Fairy Godmothers of course." She smiled.

You watched as your fathers car pulled up into the driveway of the house you ran out front the back garden and to the front yard. Your father had made lots of money and while he was gone always got you little gifts no matter how little or how big. He parked and stepped out, you jumped up on him and he danced with you standing on his toes. "Let me show you what I got you, my princess." He showed you. "I think there's something inside, in french, you remember what they call em'?" You shook your hand. "A papillon." You repeated what he said, then your father ran up and picked your mother up and kissed her.

That night both of your parents tucked you into bed with your mother singing you a lullaby, little did you know that night would eventually change your life for ever.

As your mother and father left your room for their own sleep, your father fell limp by your mothers side.

The next morning you woke up to find a doctor at your home talking to your mother. "Mama is papa alright?"

She looked at you, and patted the top of your head. "He wants to talk to you." She told you softly, you walked past her and the doctor.

You saw your father laying down, and walked up to him. "Y/n my darling." He grabbed your hand. "Y/n I want you to know something to use throughout life, have courage and be kind, Y/n my little girl you have more kindness in you little finger than I've seen in this world and kindness will and can get you a lot, I must go soon my little love, please forgive me."

"How could I be mad at you daddy." You said with tears in your eyes, through the passing months your father died slowly but surely but you remembered his words and stayed with courage and kindness.

Your mother took on raising you alone and your pain turned into a memory you and your mother grew older and your mother always told you that you hadn't changed a bit.

"Y/n." Your mother said, you looked at her with furrowed brows, you hummed. "I think it's time to start another chapter, in our lives." She took your hand. "You remember when I had to leave for that business trip that one time a few months ago?" You nodded. "Well I met a man, Alexander Pierce, he is a widower as I am a widow, we uh bonded, and I was thinking about remarrying." Since passing your mother has continued your fathers business to make money for the two of you.

"Mother, all I want is for you is to be happy." You hugged him.

"He'll be a good father to you and you'll have two stepbrothers." She said into your hair, kissing your forehead.

The day they arrived you repeated what your father told you the day he died, they all stepped out of the SUV, you could hear the two boys talking about the way you looked and it wasn't positive but you waived it away.

Your step father came with wealth of his own. "My dear you didn't tell me your daughter was so beautiful." Your mother smiled and said thank you. "But I know where she gets it." The man cupped your mother's cheek.

In the months after the wedding you found out that your stepfather was quite the gambler and drinker, he'd have huge parties every week it felt, you'd usually hide in your room, one time you walked to your mothers office which used to be your fathers, your stepfather was a vain and jealous man. "You're missing the party."

"I'm sorry my dear I've got to get theas papers ready for a business trip, my dear." She told you softly.

"But mom your just barely back from the last one, I don't mean to sound rude but it's lonely when you're not here." You said to her.

"I'll be back in a week." She promised. "Go have fun, I love you, what do you want me to bring you home from Europe? Your brothers asked for clothes and other things, what can I get you?"

You sighed. "Bring me the first branch your shoulder brushes."

She smiled. "Well that's a curious request, but alright my dear."

"I want you to come back no matter what." You told her with tears the both of you hugged, your mother told you to be kind and that no matter what your father would be around, little did both of you know that your stepfather overheard the conversation. "I miss him, do you?"

Your mother nodded. "Very much."

The next morning you saw your mother off to the airport, your step brothers reminded her to bring them their clothes and other things back.

"Y/n dear." Your stepfather called you, you looked at him as tears were still on your cheeks. "You don't need to cry, your mother will be back." He hugged you.

"Thank you, stepfather." You said after pulling away.

He looked at you and dabbed away your tears. "Aw don't call me that, sir will do." You looked at him with confusion then were distracted by your stepbrother's arguing in the hallway.

"Brock and Grant have always shared a room, perhaps the sleeping arrangements are too small for them now." Alexander sighed.

You looked at him. "Well my room is the biggest, besides yours and my mothers, perhaps they could share it?"

"That's a wonderful idea, what a wonderful girl you are." The smile he gave you looked like a wolf attacking a sheep. You were saying you could stay in their room, but were cut off by the man across from you. "The attic, smart girl, only tepmarly of course, while I have the house redecorated, of course, and you can keep theas trinkets with you up there."

"D-did you hear my conversation with my mother last night?" You asked him. "My mother loves you, I don't think she'd like it if you redecorated."

"Oh I talked it over with her last night dear, she was fine with it, she thinks we should move up in society." He lied, your mother wouldn't ever care about what people think about her or you.

But you listed repeating. "Courage and kindness." under your breath as you stood in the attic. "Well no one will disturb me here." You made it your own and comfortable for you to stay in.

You made the situation as good as you could. "No stepfather or stepbrother's you talked to yourself." The next morning you said good morning to all of the servants.

You waited and waited for your father, your step siblings had no artistic talent at all and your stepfather would knock things over for you to pick up, your stepfather went as far as saying you could no longer wear your fathers old sweater that you always would wear before and you reluctantly did so, but you kept in mind the words your father told you. Your mother would send a text your way every day, and you knew she was safe.

Until late one night, there was a knock, you thought it would be your mother but it was a man she'd often travel with, but this time he hadn't gone. "Y/n, i'm sorry, but your mothers plane on the way back crashed into the ocean, she didn't make it, but this did return." He held out a branch, the one you'd asked for.

That night you cried and cried now you were alone but you still remembered to have courage and kindness.