3:INVITATION

The next day you'd gone back into the city, the day before you got lucky avoiding all of your Stepfather's and brothers' questions about where you'd gone, by making the food and hiding in your attic, your safe place. You headed back to the building, your family owned, Natasha headed straight for you. "Y/n!" She called out.

You turned around to look at the blond. "Your guy from yesterday wants to see you again." She smiled widely and showed you an envelope written in bold black marker was Bucky.

"How did you-"
She cut off your question. "I saw it on the security cameras." You hid your face in your hands. "Hey come on, it's good for you to get some kind of interaction other than those horrible people you're stuck with at your house all day."

"Natasha you know I made a promise, it's my home, I can't just leave." You sighed. "Also how do you know it's for me?"

"He put mystery girls on the information, and on the video camera feed I noticed that you didn't give him a name." She smirked.

After grabbing Coffee pulse going with Natasha grocery shopping the two of you when your separate ways you held onto the invitation, you put away the groceries, then your stepfather and brothers came into the kitchen. "Oh um, sorry I-I haven't gotten to making lunch." You apologize.

"No, that's not what I need you to do." Your stepfather sighed. "The Royal family of Bastian, is holding an official royal ball here in New York, and I need you to go into to town with us to go get our suits and a dress."

"A dress? Thank you for thinking of-"

He cut you off with a glare. "No, to give to the princess, so that one of my boys could end up with her." He told you. "You're too ambitious for your own good."

You shook your head. "Oh, no I-I just wanted to go to see someone."

Brock scoffed. "You just wanna take the prince."

"Y/n let me be very clear: one suit for Grant, one suit for Brock, one suit for me, and a dress to gift to the princess to get her attention." Alexander told you. "Vreau un costum parizian."

Grant laughed. "She probably doesn't know what that means."

"Dar, desigur, cunosc moda pariziană și m-am ocupat de ea." You spoke perfect Romanin.

"What did she say?" Grant asked Brock.

Brock glared at his younger brother. "I speak Romanian, not German."
"Alright, well let's get to it." Your stepfather said.

While back at Bucky's home in New York he and Sam were in a rather intense training session, and usually it was hard for Sam to even think about pinning Bucky, but today it was too easy. "You've been off since seeing that girl in that Y/l/n company."

Bucky sighed as Sam helped him back up. "I know it's just hard, I wish to see her again."
"And hopefully at this ball thing you will." Sam said. "Plus a prince gets to marry anyone they want."

"HA!" Bucky scoffed.

Sam looked at him. "What man, it's true."

"Sure you know my father and the grand duke Zola will literally only let me marry a Princess." Bucky said the 'Princess' with a posh voice.

"Maybe if they see how lovely this woman is, maybe they will change their minds." Sam said with hope.

The day of the ball arrived, you saw how your brothers were getting ready, Brock called you in. "Come tie my shoes."

You could hear Grant talking to a fake 'Princess Rebecca' even though as the days passed you thought about how you couldn't wait to see Bucky, you zoned out and must have been pulling the laces of the shoes too hard, when you felt a sting on your cheek you blinked a few times at Brock. "Jesus Y/n! Pay a little attention!" You finished up turning to grant. He waved you off. You could hear them make violent threats like poisoning one another and other things.

"Why are you staring?" Grant asked.

You sighed. "Uh s-sorry, I'll go."

"It's like our father says all women are fools." They laughed together.

You ran up to the attic where you had a dress that used to be your mothers, it was a soft pink off the shoulder and flowed down to the floor. You were so excited to show it off even if it wasn't the most glorious it still was special to you.

You got ready with your invitation hidden in a clutch the same color of your dress, you heard upstairs just when their SUV was about to take them away, all of them in their suit's. You heard the compliments your stepfather was giving his son's you cleared your throat. "Y/n?" He asked, looking at you.

"It didn't cost you anything, I-it was my mothers old dress." You explained. "I fixed it myself." You heard them all say stuff about you trying to get close to the royal family. "I don't want to even get close to them, I just wanna meet a friend, that's all." You promised.

"You're not going." Alexander told you. "It'd be a shame to show you off in these rags." He made a disgusted face.

You couldn't help but let tears fill your eyes, you wanted to ask, 'you didn't love my mother did you?' but you didn't. "This was my mothers."

"Sorry to have to tell you Y/n but your mothers taste was questionable." Alexander said as both him and his son's inched towards you. "It's practically falling to pieces." He proceeded to tear one of the sleeves off, and then your step brothers joined and started to shred the dress into pieces. "You will not go to the ball. I will not have you associated with me nor my sons, all you are is a raged servant, by my dear." He said as his children followed him out to the SUV.

Natasha Watched as your step family without you who got a personal invitation, she headed straight for them. "Alexander, where's Y/n?" She asked the man.

He turned to look her up and down with anger. "Oh the girl who took over my late wife's company."

"By the choice of Mrs.Y/l/n's Daughter." She scoffed. "Now where is Y/n?"

"At home she didn't want to come." He scoffed back at her.

Natasha knew you wanted to go, so she called her friend a while ago as a backup option. 'Operation Cinders is on.' She texted her friend.