2:BIRTH DAY

One year later

You got over your grief of losing your mother, and your stepfather made you isolate you even more after high school, yes he still had his own company but fired all the workers that were your friends, and he'd used all the money that your mother and father had put in a college fund for you.

Each day passed and you worked and worked, when you first started working for them your stepfather said that the work was to 'distract you from your grief' and every night after eating the leftovers of food you'd go to the attic, your safe place. You always remembered to be strong and have courage and kindness, the next morning your day began again. "Who's this for?" Alexander asked.

"Oh it's my birthday so I-I thought I could sit with you today, is that alright sir." You said to him.

Your stepbrothers laughed at you. "Y/n we can't expect you to prepare us food and you sit with us that would be unfair." Brock said.

Alexander hummed. "I agree, why don't you eat in your room, also I'm having guests over tonight, so if you wouldn't mind making dinner and then bring it out and disappear to your room after."

You carried your food back to the kitchen with tears in your eyes and you slowly picked up the pieces of glass of the plate you accidentally dropped immediately after, you ran out the back door to the garage you'd gotten your license years ago and you got into light blue 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback the car you got when you were sixteen from your mom, you headed into the city that you'd rarely had go into for a year, New York, you headed to the company that was your families. You walked in and headed to the coffee shop inside, everyone knew you, you would say 'Hi' softly you wore that soft blue sweater you kept it in your car because none of your family would ever go in or near it, you ordered a vanilla drink, you heard a group of men murmuring behind you, you looked over your shoulder to see a man with bright blue eyes and short brown hair, then you turned back around.

Said man turned to the men with him. "Give me a minute, I'm gonna get a coffee." He informed Steve and Sam, his closest friends. He walked over and stood behind you. You ordered and you checked your pockets, you'd forgotten to grab your purse or money or a card, you were about to cancel when. "Don't worry I'll get it." A deep voice said from behind you.

"Thank you..." You led on with a smiled, he played for both your drinks.

"Bucky." He answered. "What's your name?"

You smiled. "Oh never mind me, I'm not important, thank you again Bucky."

Then Sam came up behind you there you are. "Your hig-"
Bucky cut him off. "Bucky Bucky!" He yelled.

"I hope to see you around Bucky." You smiled jokingly, walking towards the front desk to see if you went up to your father/mothers office.

Bucky walked with the men. "Suave." Sam laughed at the man. "You know you're gonna have to figure out who to give the whole CEO thing to once you become king."

Bucky shrugged. "I'll give it to Becca." He smirked.

You got up to the office and you felt immediately like you were at home again, your house wasn't home anymore, you were confused with the interaction with the man, but you shrugged it off as you sipped on your drink, you looked at the photo of a young you, your mother and father, you held the frame to your chest. The door opened and Natasha walked in. "Y/n?" You stood up and hugged the woman. "Happy birthday." She said into your hair. "Are they treating you like shit?"

"Nat." You hissed.

"What they are aren't they, come move with me." She said. "Also why are you in here?"

You being the last member of blood family you had gotten to chose who got to be CEO you weren't able to get a business degree but you knew someone a family friend if you will who was working on it and it was Natasha, so you chose her, and she'd kept the office almost the same only adding a few touches of her own to it. "As soon as you're able to get your degree this is yours Y/n." She pointed around the office.

"No it won't you think they'd actually let me do that?" You asked, tilting your head.

She sighed. "I wish your mother was still here to protect you, Alexander is a fucking dick and needs to learn that your the big fucking money, he's sucssefull yeah but your my dear are worth millions."

"I feel like a nobody, a nothing." You sighed.

She shook her head. "You're not nothing or a nobody, your first of all the daughter of the Y/l/n's Business royalty, then you're a heiress, fuck what they think, your mother was smart but marring that man was the worst idea she ever had."

You shook your head. "I have to go, I'll see you again eventually." You hugged her again, then left the office and headed down stairs, and back to the house.

Little did you know who Bucky was and what that meant for you, he paced on the phone with his father, who laughed through the line. "You sound like you're the first man to ever see a pretty girl."

"She wasn't just a pretty girl, father s-she was-there was so much more about her." Bucky sighed.

"You told me, that with mother you just knew." Bucky sighed.

George sighed. "That was different my boy, your mother was a princess, this girl is random no status?"

Bucky rolled his eyes. "You would have loved her no matter what."

"I would have never seen her, because it wouldn't be appropriate and your grandfather would have told me what I'm telling you." His father told him. "And I would have listened."

Bucky scoffed. "No you wouldn't have."

"Yes I would." George argued. Bucky defied again and it was a back and forth until George agreed with him.

Then George went silent on the line. "Father?"

"My son I will be heading out to New York with your mother and sister, you need to find a suitable wife." His father told him.

A few days later Bucky and his father spoke about how to find Bucky a wife, Bucky wasn't just going to forget you however. "What if we invite all of the wealthy families and royals." Bucky said hopefully. "To a ball, I mean father, we're in the perfect place for this."

George sighed. "Alright, then you find a wife and hand your company over to someone." Bucky looked over at his sister with a smile, she smiled back at him.