5:LAVENDER'S BLUE

You woke up and thought about the smirk on the prince's face last night as he chased you, wondering to yourself you asked 'did he like the mystery of who you are?'

    You got a tray of tea and breakfast ready for your stepfamily. You overheard Alexander. "The prince isn't as free to marry as we thought, tho the princess is."

    "Who is the prince to marry?" Brock asked just in wonder.

    "The princess Sharon of Irene." Alexander sighed. "But boys, I think one of you have a good shot for the girl."  You sighed sadly to yourself at the thought of Bucky having to marry not for love but for a deal. "You seem sadder than normal." Alexander rolled his eyes.

    "It's nothing, just that you all tore my mothers dress." You mumbled.

    Alexander sighed."I did that to teach you a lesson, anyway go about your day." He shooed you. You decided to write all about last night in one of the many journals you had kept over the years.

    Things for Bucky and Rebecca had flipped around and upside down, as their father held his son's hand in his, it's odd how things can change from night to morning he'd seemed fine at the dance but once in his chambers it all changed. "Bucky, Becca." He sighed looking at both children trying to hold on a while longer but found it to be very hard. "Oh how you both look like your mother in different ways." He said.

    "Father, don't go." Bucky begged.

    "My children you won't be alone, you'll have one another, and soon my son you'll have a princess." He said.

    "Father you know I won't do that." He told him with tears in his eyes, Bucky was much closer to their father than Becca but she still loved him.

"What if I commanded you?" The dying man asked.

Bucky shook his head. "I-I couldn't I wouldn't I love Y/n too much already, as much as I love and respect you, father I believe all we need is to have courage and kindness to see it."

The man on the bed laughed. " I see you've learn her name, you remind me so much of your mother." He squeezed the hands of his children. "Then so be it you can marry for love, find the girl the forgetful one who loses her shoes, Thank you Bucky, I love you son." Both men said the last part of the sentence with a laugh, but that was the king's final breath, Bucky sobbed and curled into his fathers side like the little boy he used to be.

The next day you heard though your step brothers that he wants to find the woman at the ball, as soon as you heard so you ran up to your room, to grab your shoe and head to the home of the royals, but when you opened it, the shoe was missing, along with your journal. "Are you looking for this?" Alexander held the shoe along with the papers ripped out of your journal, about the night. "Oh you thought you were clever, but not as I, Y/n, how dare you do this to me and your brothers, after I've treated you so well."

You scoffed at being kind to this awful man. "You treated me like dirt under your shoe."

He stood up and gripped your cheeks. "You think you're so smart the prince has to marry princess Sharon, so that one of my boys can marry princess Rebecca." Alexander sighed. "I'll tell you a story, once upon a time there was a man who married a woman for love and his love was taken away after his two loving sons, but after the second son was born his love was taken away from him, then he remarried to do what was best for his sons, the woman he married died too and after that day he had to look upon the woman's daughter who she loved more than anything, the end, now tell me yours, did you still it?"

    You shook your head. "I'm not that idiotic, it was gifted to me by Natasha."

    Alexander rolled his eyes. "I should have had you cut ties with that little girl, here's what I'm going to have you do if you wish to marry the prince and not have princess Rebecca tied down, you will make me head of the royal house so I make the rules and I and your brothers will be noble men."

    "Why would I do that you've only ever hurt me?" You defended yourself. "I wasn't able to protect my mother from you, but I will make sure the prince and his kingdom are safe from you."

    Alexander rolled his eyes. "Fine you don't wanna help me I won't help you." He threw the shoe to the floor and it shattered.

    "No! What-why are you so cruel?" You asked, shaking your head. "I don't understand it, I've tried to be kind to you and all you do is treat me like shit." You hissed. "Why?"

    "Because you are young and innocent and good, and I'm-" He cut himself off, before walking out and locking you in. You cried to yourself.

    Meanwhile that night your step father took the hill of the shoe to the duke. "Here as a means of our deal." He handed it to the duke.

    "Thank you and I will see to it my promise is kept, thank you for making it so the kingdom won't be embarrassed." He smirked to himself.

    Alexander smirked along with the man. "I'm sure you'll lead our new king and his eventual queen in the right direction for Bastian, though I've never been."

    You sat on your bed, when you started texting Natasha about what happened, she replied that she'd be right over.

    The duke gave Bucky the hill. "It was abandoned on the side of the road."

    "Stay resilient Bucky." Sam whispered to him.

    "The kingdom of Bastian needs to know that they will have a king and an eventual heir." Zola told the now king.

    "Oh and it will only once we've found Y/n, I know a friend of hers, I'm sure I can make this easy for us." Bucky told the man, Zola huffed walking away with irritation. "I don't trust him." Bucky mumbled to his friend.

    Natasha had gotten to your house as fast as she could when her phone buzzed from Bucky, she smirked, calling the prince. "Come to the address I'm texting you and just maybe you'll find your mystery princess." Then she hung up.

    What looked like the whole royal court came to the large house at the end of the road in their large cars. "The King and Princess are here!" Brock and Grant yelled.

    Alexander led them into the house, before getting a text warning him about the royal court's arrival from the duke, they looked through the house. "There are no women here, the girl must have lied to the king." The duke told the loyal friends to the king, after pretending to go up to the attic.
    You sang softly to yourself 'dancing with the prince-now king-' "Lavender's green dilly dilly Lavender's blue dilly dilly, if you love me dilly dilly I shall love you, Lavender's blue dilly dilly Lavender's green dilly dilly when I am king dilly dilly you shall be queen." You sang, opening the window for fresh summer air. "Let the lambs play dilly dilly, let the birds sing dilly, we shall be safe dilly dilly." You sang the line's over and over

    "Do you hear that your grace?" Sam asked the duke.

    The duke shook his head stubbornly. "No it's as I said no one else is in the house must be a radio or something."

    "Grand duke I say you take another look, Captain Rogers shall we take another look?" Bucky asked as both men headed into the house, and up the stairs with the older man, Alexander, they found Natasha sitting outside the door trying to pick the lock.

    "You bastard, you know damn well that Y/n was the girl at the party." She said sucker punching Alexander in the jaw. The prince and the Captain failed at hiding their chuckles, they unlocked the door, finding you. 

    "James?" You stood and ran up to the king, he held you.

    "Y/n."He kissed your forehead. "I don't need a shoe to tell me you're my girl, my doll, my queen." He held you to him making sure you felt safe and secure.