💫Quirk and Affiliations💫

⚠️This chapter touches on topics of mental health that may be triggering for some. Content warning for the following topics of discussion
☆Derealization/Depersonalization/Dissociation: The loss of one's self and one's grasp on reality, what is real and what is not, feelings of being out of touch with one's reality, etc.
☆Brief talk of systems and how they develop
☆While this may not be a trigger, this chapter does also contain spoilers for the manga, so if you are an anime only or you aren't very far in the manga, please be note that I am fully caught up on the manga and topics I discuss may contain spoilers.
Sections discussing any of the potentially triggering and/or sections that contain spoiler material will be marked with a caution indicator (⚠️). Reader's digression is advised. You have been thoroughly warned.⚠️

◇[AFFILIATIONS]◇
↳Hero in training
↳Yuuei High School first year
↳Class A
↳Took the recommendation student exam due to having connections with some top pro heroes (one of which being their aunt). They scored well enough on all the portions of the exam to allow them to be admitted into Yuuei High and they were placed into class 1-A

◇[OCCUPATION]◇
↳Student
↳Ocasionally will help out with their aunt's café "Secret Garden Teahouse and Café"
↳In modern AU's/AU's where they do not intend to become a hero (or villian), they will often work there for a part time job as they attend classes

◇[ALIAS]◇
↳The Subconscious Hero: Psyche
↳In villian AUs their villian name is BRAINROTT
↳In vigilante AUs, their alias is Psypher

◇[ALIAS INSPIRATION]◇
↳Yoshiko took inspiration from their aunt's hero name "The Psychic Hero: Mirror Image" as well as the definition for the word "psyche". Psyche means, according to the Oxford Dictionary: The human soul, mind, or spirit. The word is easy speak in a pinch and properly eludes to the premise of their quirk. It also alludes the Greek goddess of the soul who goes by the same name. Including "subconscious" into their hero name also gives other heroes as well as civilians more of a hint as to what their quirk allows them to do without revealing too much. To them, their name invokes a sort of warm and friendly aura. After talking through their list of name ideas with their aunt, they settled on this and they're quite happy with their choice.
↳The villain alias of BRAINROTT comes from the fact that in most villian AUs, Yoshiko had been on the brink of death before they were saved and taken in by a villian, making them technically (almost) a zombie. It also plays on their quirk, and well, it sounds sinister.
↳The vigilante alias of Psypher is a pun, playing on the words "psyche" and "cipher". The psyche portion is similar to the reasoning for their hero alias, but adding the pun on cipher plays on their intelligence and how they often leave behind intricate puzzles in order to not be caught by authorities for vigilantism. Most often, those puzzles are, you guessed is, ciphers, otherwise known as "a secret code/way of communication". They often leave tips for heroes and the police in ciphers as well.

◇[REASONING FOR AFFILIATION]◇
↳Ever since they were a little kid, Yoshiko had dreams of becoming a hero, just like their father and aunt. They wanted to live up to their family's legacy of heroism because the family members they looked up to the most embodied what they believed to be the heart of a true hero. These two never wanted to be heroes for the money, but to help people from the bottoms of their hearts. The money was just a nice bonus. They never gunned for the top spots, but they aimed to help as many people as they could, inspired by All Might's philosophy you could say. However, when Yoshiko's quirk developed, they were...... less than thrilled. Instead of being praised by those around them, they were feared. They were knocked down to the bottom of the quirk hierarchy because their quirk was seen as villainous. Society cast them out, and even their own mother turned her back on them and refused to believe that they could make a worthwhile hero. However, they still held onto their dream to help those in need, but their main drive changed. They didn't want to live up to their family's legacy, but rather, they desired to become a symbol. Not one of peace, but a beacon. Someone for those society discards and deems a villain far too young. Someone to be the light for those treated the same way they were so they won't get lost to the darkness. They want to be a hero who helps those with quirks society dislikes and they wish to show these people that they can still achieve their dreams. Society puts people into boxes and expects them to stay there and conform, but Yoshiko wants people to know that these stigmas can be broken and that they don't have to listen to society and give them what it wants. They can just be themself and their dreams are valid no matter what people say.