6

*Joey's POV*

It's been a while since I have actually had feelings for a random goth girl I've only known for about 2 days. Actually, I don't think this has ever happened to me. The 2 days bit, not the feelings bit. You know what I mean.

Although, I don't think I have ever been in love. Love is a big word. A small word that means so much. Nothing should have that much power, yet the word Love is in itself is a power to behold. I was nearly in love once, didn't end well. Turns out she used me to get closer to Corey, which has actually happened more than I would like to admit, but only this one time I let my guard down and I nearly fell in love. I managed to escape though, just with the skin of my teeth. 

Anyways, no time for deep chatting right now. Right now, I had to figure out what I wanted from this McDonald's.

"Joey..." I heard faintly from next to me.

"Jooeyyyyy..." louder this time. 

"JOEY!" Paul bellows in my ear as I snap back into reality. 

"Are you ordering then dude?" he asks, much quieter this time. 

"Uh, yeah I am, sorry I just zoned out there to be ho-"

"Listen, we can talk about this in depth later on but right now, stop overthinking about this chick and lets eat a damn burger."

He was right, I haven't eaten properly in a couple days now. The partying and the concerts and everything just gets very hectic and forgetting to eat happens a lot. I just forget though, I swear. I always eat when I remember, so don't worry about it. 

"I'm gonna get a large big mac meal I think, you?" I asked Paul,

"Yeah I'm gonna do that too, hey why don't I get that and you go grab straws and sauces and stuff and I'll meet ya outside of here?" He replied. 

"Sounds good, see you in a mo." 

I borderline scurried away into the sea of people also attempting to get the holy grail of capitalism, free condiments and napkins. I should have gotten some food for Jess too. I know she likes McDonald's too. Probably more than me. I'll come back if she asks me to, it's only a 20 minute walk. I wonder what she's having for lunch? I need to make sure she's eating enough. I bet she hasn't eaten since before the show a couple days ago. I wish I could call her, but I left my mobile on the bus. I miss her. I m-

Wait. What did I just say but not actually say because I thought about it? Or did I say it out loud by accident? Did Paul hear that? I would never be able to recover if he did. I am not going soft yet, I refuse. Pfft, love, who even said love, or thought about it. Yeah, how do you even spell love? 

My mind was racing at a million miles per hour, and it took me a bit of time to realise I was frozen in the spot I stood over the barbecue sauce dispenser, holding a line of people wanting to claim their free BBQ and a handful of napkins, maybe even a coffee stirrer if they're feeling fruity. It wasn't til Paul came up to me that I realised I had been there a while, 

"Dude, are you okay? I was gone for 15 minutes and you're still getting sauce."

The panic has begun to set in. My hands are shaking like a small dog, I feel warm, my mouth has gone dry and I simply cannot push my words out. He can't know you love her. No one can. I've known her for 2 fucking days. I can't love her yet. Besides, Corey likes her, and all of the guys find her attractive. They'd maul me to death for asking her out. 

"Joey? C'mon man lets get our shit together and get out of here, I can tell you're starting to freak out."

Paul grabbed me and my condiments and ushered me through the people and out of the door, and onto a bench not too far from the door. My breathing was heavy, I had become really lightheaded and I was freezing but I was absolutely dripping with sweat. My chest felt heavy and I could barely breathe at all. I was sending myself into a full blown anxiety attack.