Chapter 1: Matsuki and Ino

Day 1

The two girls ran to the Yamanaka garden as they did every Thursday. Hip to hip the girls waved to the clan members that greeted them. Today they had a job and they enjoyed every second of it.

Thursdays Ino and Matsuki Yamanaka would run together to the clan's garden to help restock the flower shop for the weekend rush. Piling buckets of flowers, they headed back to Inos parent's shop.

"Thank you very much girls, your help is always appreciated" Matsuki knew the voice well. Inoichi her uncle had been around for as long as she could tell. He took the role as Matsuki's temporary dad as her broken heart healed after finding out her dad died.

Matsuki's father, an anbu at the time. Close to retiring to settle down with his wife and daughter died during a mission gone wrong. He was given wrong information and was not brought back to the village.

"Of course ojisan! I love going to the gardens with Ino-chan" Matsuki smiled back. Ino on the other hand, would always ask for a payment of some sorts "You know it was hard work maybe we could go get some sweets to recharge?"

Inoichi laughed there was no way he was going to say no to the little girls looking up to him. He handed them enough money for sweets and drinks. "Don't be out for too long. Remember your first day at the academy is tomorrow!" he yelled at them as they ran off again.

"It sucks you can't be in my class"
"Yeah I know but maybe ojisan is right"
"No way! Just because we are always together doesn't mean we have to be separated in classes!"

Matsuki agreed but would never admit that to Ino. She wanted to be together forever growing alongside Ino but if Inoichi said so, that's what happened.

The two girls stop at a sweets stand.

"YUMMMM I love this flavor. Wanna try Matsuki?" Matsuki giggled "Ino you're so silly but yes I do. "

After the two girls got back to their compound, Matsuki walked Ino home. Although the girls are family, Ino is still to become the head of the clan and Matsuki never forgot that.

"Bye Ino I'll come by tomorrow so we can walk together to the academy!"
"Okay I'll see you tomorrow bye Matsuki!"

Once Matsuki got home she was rushed with the smell of her favorite home-cooked meal. Matsuki's mom was a great cook. "Hello my Suki, food is ready come get your plate."

Matsuki loved her mother with all her heart. The nickname given to her by her dad was still alive in their home. Sometimes Ino and Inoichi would call her Suki too depending on the situation. It made Matsuki feel loved and grounded when she needed to be.

"So are you excited for your first day of school tomorrow?" Matsuki's mom was caring, loving, and always there for her daughter. The typical mother bear would often watch over the two girls when needed. Making sure no harm came their way when out of the compound.

"I am, but a little sad I won't be with Ino-chan" Matsuki frowned. She knew she'd never tell Ino, but her mom was a different story. "I know my Suki but it will be good, you'll both make friends and have a big group to love and grow with. I promise you'll still see Ino here at the compound."

Matsuki knew her mother was right, so she decided to shake the sad feeling off. Matsuki got ready for bed and waited for school to come.

~Day 2

"Good morning ojisan, I'm here to walk with Ino-chan to school." Matsuki called out as Inoichi was about to leave his home. He called for Ino and she came running out.

"Are you ready! I'm so excited!" Ino jumped

"Good luck today girls" Inoichi loved seeing the girls together but was sure having them split for class time was important for them to grow bonds.

Once the girls got to school they separated. It hit Matsuki hard. Ino was the one to always talk and get Matsuki out of her comfort zone. She didn't recognize anyone besides a boy from the compound that she did not know well.

"Suki is that you? Home already? How was the academy" After the talk about how class went Matsuki was determined to make friends, her mother advised her on the importance to start new bonds, even if she missed Ino. Matsuki decided she'd start with the boy she recognized.

~Day 3
"Hi my name is Matsuki" she tried to be as friendly as possible. One friend could lead to two friends and soon she would have other strong bonds. 'Maybe Inoichi was right with separating us' Matsuki thought.

"Hi I'm Genji wanna have lunch with me? I already invited two others." Matsuki thought this was her perfect way in. She accepted the invitation and couldn't wait.

~Day 4
In the morning the girls walked to school. But after school was another story. Matsuki was confused, she had always walked Ino home. 'What could she be doing'

"Hey Matsuki-Chan! Wait up"

'That's not Ino' Matsuki turned and was greeted with green eyes and blonde hair. The boy was equal in size. "Oh hi Genji-Chan wanna walk home together?"

For once Matsuki was walked home and was told "I'll walk by tomorrow too we can walk to school!" Matsuki thought Ino wouldn't mind a plus one so she accepted.

Ino didn't mind at all, she was happy you made a new friend. But as days went on Ino would disappear from walks and would leave you and Genji to walk. Whenever you saw Ino no ill intentions showed, you two were still sisters at heart.