Chapter 3: New Bonds

Matsuki was given the day off. Ibiki said she deserved it, she has been watching him do interrogations and taking notes on his tactics that followed with the books he's been giving her. As well as making great improvements on her chakra control. She's not only able to climb up trees but also able to walk on water. Ibiki told her that she should be able to travel anywhere.

Especially for missions where she's not to be detected, she must be able to adapt to her environment.

Because she had the day off and her mom was out for the day shopping. Matsuki walked over to Ino's house. Matsuki thought about maybe even seeing what Genji was doing since she hasn't heard from him, but since she doesn't know where he lives she decided that's to worry about another day.

Once Matsuki got to Inos she was greeted with the same love Matsuki has gotten used to.

"Matsuki! How's training? Are you headed out now? Maybe we can walk together!" Ino yelled from her window waving.

"I was stopping over to see what you were doing, I was given the day off. Wanna hang out?" Matsuki replied.

"I have training today but you can come and meet my team. We usually go for barbeque after training you can come for that too!" Matsuki agreed and the two girls headed for team 10s training ground. She was nervous to meet a team, this would be her first time and wanted to make a good impression on Inos team.

Shikamaru pov~

Choji and I were relaxing before training started he was eating chips it was too loud for me to fall asleep but I layed there watching the clouds.

"Guys!! Would you get up and stop being so lazy!"

'What a drag Inos already yelling and telling us what to do.' I peeked over in hopes she didn't see my eyes open and would just think I'm sleeping but I noticed someone with her. 'What a bigger drag' Shikamaru thought to himself.

"Ino who's that girl you're with?" Choji asked so I wouldn't have to.

"That's my cousin, the bestest there is Matsuki. She has the day off, I wanted her to meet you guys and spend the day with us. I never really get to see her anymore now that we are training. So be nice!"

"Hi Matsuki I'm Choji Akimichi" he gave Matsuki a warm smile.

'So she's Inos cousin. The one she grew up with, Ino mentioned her once or twice but I didn't think she'd actually bring her over.' I felt a shoe hit my side, Ino for sure no one else would do that.

"I know you are not sleeping Shikamaru your eyes are twitching!"

"Ahh man, Ino you didn't have to go and kick me." I looked up and saw Inos cousin. She had blue eyes a little lighter than Ino, but her skin was just a tad darker. Her hair color was basically the same but instead of it being up like Inos, she had it down 'I guess it's because she has the day off, it won't get in her way if she isn't doing anything.' Then I realized I was taking way too long to introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Shikamaru Nara it's nice to meet you."

"Hi it's nice to meet you both, I hope you don't mind if I watch your training."

Choji munched on his chips and told her not to worry about it. That any friend of Inos was our friend.

"Hi, guys whos this?" Asumas voice and the smell of smoke both appeared at once. He blew the smoke right towards us all and I fanned the smoke away from Matsuki. She wouldn't know any better and woulda breathed it right in. She smiled in return, it wasn't a bad one she kinda even looked-

"This is my cousin Matsuki she has the day off and I wanted her to tag along today is that alright Asuma-sensei?"

Matsuki eyed Ino probably because she didn't ask beforehand if something like this was okay and felt like she was intruding. How troublesome now we really have to make her feel welcomed or else I'm gonna hear it from Ino.

Asuma told her it was nice to meet her. Matsuki bowed and told Asuma it was an honor to be able to watch us train. She seemed to relax a little bit once Asuma told her she'd always be welcomed especially as Inos cousin.

Asuma had us warm up while he walked off with Matsuki to the side probably to get to know the Yamanaka. Even if she wasn't the upcoming head, she would still most likely play an important role being that she and Ino were so close. At least she seemed nicer than Ino.

Matsuki pov~

Choji and Shikamaru seem nice so far. I smiled at Shikamaru when he blew the smoke away when their sensei came but he just looked at me in return. Something he's probably sick of, the smell of smoke isn't a pleasant one.

I walked off with their sensei once they started warm-ups since I'd just get in the way of their formations.

"So Matsuki your also training? Which team are you on I don't seem to remember." Asuma asked polity. "Oh I'm not on a team, I am under Ibiki-sensei in an apprenticeship." I could see Asuma-senseis's eyes widen just for a second.

"Wow kid, that's impressive even I would be a little too scared to do that." Matsuki smiled in return "I enjoy Ibiki-sensei he's the only team I've got as of now. "

Asuma was taken back by this. 'Ibiki? Interrogation and torture Ibiki? He's training this little girl? And she likes him enough to consider him a teammate?!' He thought and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, Matsuki I certainly don't wanna get on your bad side. Let's go back to Ino and them, the warm-up should be done by now."

As time went on Matsuki watched Ino-Shika-Cho formations and was astounded by their teamwork. Matsuki thought it would be cool to be on a team like this and kinda wished she had others her age at interrogation as well.

"Hey Matsuki, care to join us for some barbecue? We usually always go after practice." Asuma asked

"I'd love to join you guys!"

We all sat in a booth Asuma and Choji on one side. Ino, me, and Shikamaru on the other in that order. The boys put the meat on the grill and waited for it to cook. Ino was talking about all the times we'd hang out, how we would have sleepovers, and talk all night long. They were good memories, I even mentioned how we do hair and face masks at sleepovers. Shikamaru plated my food for me I thanked him and smiled again. He returned a nod back to me and said "Yeah no problem."

I learned today that this is just his personality, very laid back. I wouldn't say lazy because he worked hard at training. He's also polite, same for Choji. He was definitely the friendliest out of them all. Choji was ordering more and more food stating that because they had a guest he had to celebrate. I giggled at this because Asuma-sensei shuddered every time Choji would order more.

Once dinner was over I learned that we all lived somewhat close to one another. We all walked home together and once I dropped Ino off I felt a little sad, surly Genji felt alone. I haven't seen him in so long. Maybe Ibiki can help me find him one day.

"Suki your home how was your day off? I got new flowers from Inos how do you like them?" Matsuki smiled as she took off her shoes. "Hi mom, my day was good and the flowers look great." Matsuki hugged her mom and was told to start getting ready for bed. Matsuki had a long day off but got to meet new friends. A hungry but friendly Akimichi Choji and a not so lazy Nara Shikamaru. Ino had a good team and Matsuki hoped to see them all again soon.