Chapter 9: A New Mindset

"H-Hayate he's was?"

"I don't know the full story yet I can only tell you what I was told. I found out yesterday and you have every right to know. I have reasons to believe it was because of what's been happening with Orochimaru. I think the situation with Danzo is not related so you're not in danger." Ibiki said.

I didn't know how to react. First I was taken by Danzo for a stupid test that ended with my tongue sealed so I wouldn't tell about his freaky interest in Sasuke, Genji is somewhere with that creep, I was stabbed twice and now Hayate-sensei was killed. I was supposed to tell Hayate how everything went. I was supposed to pass the test with the Hokage without getting hurt and I was supposed to show Hayate how made chunin. I balled my hands into a fist and fought tears once again.

"I'll be coming by again tomorrow, I want you to meet someone both Hayate and I trust. I'll have to leave to watch over the walls due to the Hokage's orders, so I want you to stay with her while I'm unable to train you during the day. Suki, I really am proud of you, I know this past week hasn't been easy on you. I won't let you be in a situation like that ever again."He said and gave me a hug as he kneeled on the ground with one leg to be able to be at my level while I sat on the couch.

"Okay Ibiki sensei," I said shakily and hugged him back.

Once Ibiki left I broke down. Shinobi aren't supposed to show their emotions but this was all too much and Ibiki being this gentle with me was proof that he didn't want me to break.

~The next day

I barely got any sleep. I stayed up at night trying to write everything I could remember about Hayate's corrections and tips so I'd never forget. I was crying for most of the night and when I did fall asleep I had nightmares about what could have happened to Hayate.

It was horrible, almost like I was mind transferring with him while he was fighting and I'd wake up just as he was being killed.

Ibiki knocked on my door, expecting him already I opened the door and stepped out. I felt horrible and I think Ibiki could tell.

"Come on Suki let's take a walk."

"I'm still a little sore for the hospital Ibiki sensei."

"That's okay if it gets too much I'll carry you. You need to get used to the physical pain in case you are ever out on a mission."

Eventually, I grabbed onto an Ibikis jacket for support. When he stopped walking I looked up.

"This is the ANBU apartments. The person I want you to meet lives here. She's excited to meet you." Ibiki stated.I nodded in response and continued to whichever door Ibiki led me to. He knocked on it and a woman answered quickly after. She had long purple hair, was fair-skinned, and wore red lipstick.

"Matsuki this is Yugao, Yugao this is Matsuki.' Ibiki introduced us to each other.

The pretty Yugao smiled and greeted me. "Hi Matsuki, it's nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you, please come in."

I walked in and looked at Ibiki when he didn't follow. "I have to get to my post, I'll be back once I'm done with wall duty and bring you back home."

"Okay, Ibiki sensei," I answered and looked back at Yugao as the door closed.

"So I heard you're a sensory type and train in kenjutsu. I am too! Maybe I can help you train sometime." She said while walking in the direction of a table for us to sit at.

"I'd like that a lot. Did Ibiki sensei tell you?" I asked.

She looked down and started to play with her hands. I could tell this was a touchy subject for her, her body language is telling me without her saying anything. "Hayate he was my lover, my best friend. I know it because of him, whenever you would train he'd tell me all about it."