The Exams prt. 3

Matsuki pov~

My break was long and tiring. Ibiki had me do last-minute training. Covering everything we've done so far to make sure I wouldn't forget. He told me that the higher-ups aren't telling him anything about my exams.

Today, the Forest of Death exam was ended. I hoped Team 10 got out safely and passed. When Ibiki and I got to the arena he pulled me to the side "I want you to be my shadow today, stay at arm's length." I thought it was a little extra of him but listened anyway.

"Today we are to examine all the leaf genin. It's going to be helpful for you to know your peers' abilities and weaknesses." Ibiki stated.

Ibiki and I stood together along with other senseis and the Hokage. Suddenly Hayate came, apparently he was going to be proctoring this next exam. I smiled at him when we made eye contact and he winked at me.

While Hayate was talking I looked at the Leaf genin. Team 10 was a little bruised up but overall they seemed fine. 'Thank you Kami <3'

Gaara had no injuries.... so Kabutos info cards must be reliable. Then I noticed Sasuke he almost seemed in pain and struggling. He had his hand on his neck.

"It's just as I feared." said the Hokage bringing my attention to the people around me.

"What do we do?" Ibiki said.

'Did that big doof not tell me something?!! Keeping me out of the loop, I'm so skipping report review tomorrow if he doesn't tell me!' I thought to myself of course.

"We take him out of the exam and hand him over to black ops and keep him locked up to keep the seal under control," Anko said.

"And you really think he'll go along with this you're forgetting he's of the Uchiha clan," A man with a mask said.

'Hmmm I wonder who that guy is....'

"That forbidden jutsu devours the one that bears it, he's a danger to everyone. It's incredible he's still alive" Anko pressed.

'Woah wait what the heck is going on. They are definitely talking about Sasuke he's the only Uchiha. Who would put a forbidden jutsu on him? Did someone try to kill him? But that's not allowed in the exams I thought.'

Hayate asked if anyone wanted to quit. Kabuto was the only one who did. Even though Kabuto gave them reliable information why would he quit after all that work? Red Flag Alert.

Hokage-sama must have thought so too because I noticed a shift in his body. Ultimately he decided to let Sasuke fight because of what Orochimaru said and told everyone that if he was to get out of control to stop him.

'Are we really in danger? Is he really in danger? And who's Orochimaru?!'

As the exam begins I'm stuck to Ibiki like glue. I don't know what's going on, but I do know Ibiki won't let me get hurt. He knows something I don't. Taking notes on weaknesses, and abilities, I notice Ibiki look around every now and then.

Suddenly during Sasuke's fight, a mark spreads all over his body. "Ibiki what's going on?"

"I'll tell you later kid trust me, get back to writing notes." He said this but passed me a folded note that said 'Read me when you are alone.'

At the end of Sasuke's winning fight, the masked man saves him from falling over. 'So he's their sensei.'

The air seemed to be lighter once the two left. Anko said the most about the forbidden jutsu maybe I could learn about it from her. As the matches went on I was shocked to see Ino would fight Sakura. You could imagine how shocked I was when Ino cut her hair.

'All those hair mask down the drain' I cried in my head.

When Sakura got out of the mind transfer jutsu I was even more shocked, 'How could she have done that?! Maybe I should practice the jutsu more often to make sure it's not weakening.' When the match was over I wanted to go check on Ino but Ibiki told me she'd be fine and to not leave his side yet. I followed my orders and got ready to take notes on the next match.

Overall, don't get on Nejis bad side or talk about his family, Rock Lee is a lot stronger than you think, don't call Choji fat EVER.

Hayate explained to everyone that the preliminaries were over and that the fighting would continue in one month. Once everyone left, the Hokage, Ibiki, and Hayate turned toward me.

"Matsuki Yamanaka you're to follow Hayate back to the Interrogation and Torture building. I will be there shortly to inform you of the exam." The Hokage stated. "Ibiki your coming with me."

I saw the look on Ibikis's face, something is up and I didn't want to leave behind the person I knew would protect me if anything happened. I knew Hayate would also, but Ibiki was my sensei it was his job to look after me.

"Hayate do you know what's going on?" I asked while we walked

"I'm sorry Matsuki I don't, but don't worry. For right now your mission is to get back to Interrogation and wait for the Hokages' orders."

Once we got into Interrogation I sat with Hayate to wait for my next orders. Suddenly an Anbu appeared.

"Hayate the Hokage has sent for you to report to the tower," the anbu said

"Can't it wait? I'm kinda doing something right now." Hayate answered

"It's urgent" the anbu replied

"It's okay Hayate I'll wait on my own for my next orders, you already have yours. I'll see you later and tell you all about it." I gave him a warm smile to try to convince him.

I figured now would be the perfect time to read Ibiki senseis note.

"Matsuki

If you are reading this, we likely got separated since I preferred to tell you in person in case you had questions. A man by the name of Orochimaru has infiltrated the village and gave Sasuke that mark on his neck you saw him struggling with. The Cursed Seal of Heaven is forbidden and could have taken his life. Its raw power is unbelievable and almost uncontrollable. As of now, Sasuke is in great danger of being taken by Orochimaru. I'm telling you this because if anything happens I want you to stay away from Sasuke. He won't be able to control himself. At the moment Sasuke is at the hospital healing, whatever you don't tell anyone and don't go near him. Orochimaru is likely to go after him and Matsuki absolutely do not get close to Orochimaru no matter what."

Suddenly another Anbu appeared someone with orange hair and a cat-like mask. He wore a cloak with the hood on. I crushed the note into the cushion of the seat I was in and jumped up ready for my orders to start my exam.

"Matsuki Yamanaka you're to come with me and start your exam." The man said

We shifted into a dark room that looked like it was made up of all metal. Inside was a chair that had leather wrappings around the hands and ankles. I was strapped in and suddenly someone else came in.

"Little Yamanaka you may not know me but I do know you. I also know you share a good relationship with your sensei Ibiki."