2 Aliferous

There was an unpleasant shift in the air

There was an unpleasant shift in the air. It was the unusual heat that pressed my shirt against my skin. Sweat trickled down my spine and disappeared beneath the collar, but when the vindictive dragon's shadow eclipsed the pouring rays of sun did I cowardly retreated, a couple of steps before I willed my feet to jump when it violently slides its boundless tail to render me off the usually clumsy balance I have. I couldn't gather my wits faster, because if my initial defence was a reflex, the adjacent move of it was quicker. It was big- humongous. And I can't seem to compress the scene, I got knocked out even before I knew what was transpiring. On the ground with a sting pulsing by the elbow, I stare at it, grasping for its pattern.

It wasn't preying on me. It was awaiting a litigation from me- as if figuring the brilliance of mine that woke him for this round. As if he was smelling my fear as I suspect his play.

But that's the felony. I barely am a vessel of use- he could only be equal if he was as unwanted as a cold loaf of bread.

My lack of tendencies seems to respire its patience as a crackling breath resonates- the brewing shame in me was scolding me to man up. Only that I wasn't a man, so I did what a woman would.

I looked to Castle- and I was blessed that she understood my impression. And then a series of shots rang. It rained down the scales of its neck as it fettered, shaking its head with a roar so high, its screech, a cry of frustration. And with its release thundered a wave of fire. Setting a part of the arena ablaze. There were screams, trampling people being saved by the guards. But none of that mattered to us, because it breathing down their neck was an accident. But when it did to me- it was an attack.

It was legitimate.

No guard or security will occur to save us.

I held my breath, my lungs burned for the denial of death. For an end.

Sealing my lips and my eyes obedient on it, I idled for its rage to burn me to crisp. But I get tackled to the ground once again, my sides scrape against the gravel as Dorin shoved me away. A trail of fire lights the line where I had stood earlier. The taste of metal on my lips was evidence of my mortality. While the dragon stood tall with bullet holes decorating its coat like a prize. I was bleeding and hurting everywhere. I watch as Dorin raised his hands - simultaneous in its motion as the dragon inhaled.

And then, all I saw was red.

Heat.

A radiance so ferocious that I felt like I was being bathed in a tub of sizzling water.

But then I saw what the commotion was- the fire extinguishing the fire. None won. Their can't be winner when there's an equal.

The dragon craned when its breath fades, Dorin was breathing so heavily that I doubted he could keep himself up. Dorin wasn't prepared when its teeth came down to him, picking and throwing him across. I couldn't scream. Even when Castle looked like she would- she cannot.