21 Sévir

The ball is everything that one speaks of

The ball is everything that one speaks of. My head splits into an ache when a girl with beady blue eyes asks me to be her first dance for the night. I decline her offer with politeness and make my path to the seamster's cabin. Men and boys likewise enter and step out of the busy crew who i guess will assemble their apparel for the grand feast. I could sport anything from the armoire in my room, but I had orders from the higher authorities to be presented as best along with the rest of the Aces to the courtiers.

Which could also mean the presence of Antarian Sarkim.

The law of our banishment. The king behind our suffering. A father protecting his son.

The son whose shoes I barfed on. The son who held my hair from my face when I flunked to control my bile. The son who has been fending me since the day i escaped. The boy I can never truly seem to understand. The Man- I am fading to hate.

I pull at the lever, stiffled from the upheaval that strings my mind and heart. Cold from what I know. Hot from what I cannot tell. Aware of my cause I cannot keep my head in place, It has shattered into a hundred pieces, and with each piece, a question stands.

what happens to Antar if I fail?

And then the other part of me is curious about my powers. With a ventim origens power swarming in me, what else is it that I can do?

Arran mentioned their power is infinite- magical even. He has bestowed a part of him to a human like me. I must've been nothing without it, without him. I stretch my fingers to feel if there is a surge of Elemental energy that awaits to slip out. I look at a candle, hoping to blow it off from where I stood- when no one watches I coil my finger to make it dance.

Nothing.

"Timo?" my breath struck down my throat at the sound of Dorin. I turn and find him prowling towards me. He seizes my elbow and rounds a street to an alley that smells of turned earth and intoxicants. From the looks of us both we seem well kept and fed, a life of amenity has changed us so much to what we are seen as. I can barely recognize him with his new hair.

"We have been tricked" he says, jerks to look around as if he was skimming off an intruder.

"I know" my whisper has his brows in a scrunch.

"You know?"

"I do"

"Then why did you not tell me?"

"Because the less you know the safer you were" I defend "Believe me. I was put into a much compromising position that had kept me from notifying you. Did General Slantis tell you this?"