chapter 1

(present)

"I really don't want to leave this place," I sighed to myself. This place was comfortable and I loved working here but traveling 4 hours 3 times a week is hectic.

(past)

10 months ago

I just joined in hybe working for txt as their English tutor but due to my workplace being far from home and classes being almost over, I eventually decided to quit which is not easy.

(present)

I went to a nearby coffee shop to calm myself before blocking all the member's phone numbers, existing the group chat they added me to a few days after I joined as their English tutor.

I changed my phone number so that they would no longer contact me. I had asked the company not to give out my information to anyone without my concern. I wanted to work there as long as I could but I couldn't due to my circumstances.

Now that I am officially unemployed and stopped working, I have to start going around and hunting for a job so that I can survive in this foreign country and pay my bills. I came to Korea when I was 20. I did 2 part-time jobs before interviewing in hybe. Wanting to be an independent person and figure out life myself made me reach here.

a few days later

I should start getting out of this house and get my things done. I was paid all my earnings a few hours ago and with what I have right now. I assume I can make it through four months without a job but still, I need to find something to do.

I am not used to spending the week at home but definitely on the weekends. I am an extreme introvert so I avoid being out on weekends and spend it on my own or call people over. it's true that I only have 3 friends ever since I got here in Korea because I was busy with my studies and job.

I got ready and left the house. The first thing I had to get was a new phone number since the last one I used is cracked into two portions and probably wandering in some random waste bin. Then I bought some takeaways because I am too lazy to cook and grocery shopping reminded me of the boys (txt) I meant.

Even though they can get stuff they want by just making a phone call or anything,yet they would often ask me to bring them stuff from the convenience shop. Yes, I had to pay for it too. but they have always behaved toward me so well that I couldn't just tell them no. I got home, changed myself into something comfortable and began binge-watching.

The next morning, I woke up early like the morning bird and started hunting for a part-time job. I am entitled enough to get a solid job but being a foreigner, a Muslim woman, and working here is not easy. Yes, I got a job. In a restaurant, the salary is less compared to my previous job. Of course, it would be less. Hybe is one the most profitable company in entire Korea itself and then getting a job in a restaurant and complaining is stupid of me.

It's partly my fault for resigning. I could've lied and stayed longer or taught them the language in a depth manner but no. It just didn't seem to work.

I've been working in this restaurant for 2 months now and on an incredibly random afternoon, hybe put up a public notice asking for young people to join their company. No specific job is mentioned. You come, show them your capabilities, present what you want to do and they choose.

With what I have learned so far I thought I would give it a try and use this chance to apologize to txt for what I have done too because I regret it. The interview is a week away and I don't own any decent clothes and I'm worried to death. The odds of seeing them are very less likely but still, I feel like running away.

I should maybe treat myself with some good clothes and talk about what happened with wadi. Wadi is my best friend. We met in high school. She was a transferred student or else I'm pretty sure we would have been great friends. Our friendship didn't start off great. She always had beef with me even though I did absolutely nothing to her. Wadi has always been good at her studies and there I was who barely survived school, especially my senior years.