Chapter 14: Call me by a different name

Phineas clung to Sebastian's huge black shape as if he could slip away into the dingy darkness of the room at any moment. Hot breath blew in his ear, a deep rumble under cutting it. The rumble was so visceral that he could feel the vibrations emanating from Sebastian's chest. It was jagged breath, almost as if in pain or anger but Phineas didn't dare ask in case Sebastian let go off him and turn the lights on.

He felt bigger than before. Not that Phineas had ever explored the lengths of Sebastian's body with his hands, but he was sure something was off. The arms that held him around his waist and back were as thick as logs and sturdier too. The chest that Phineas' face was pressed against was broad and wide as it had ever been but larger once again and draped in a fine soft fabric almost like fur. When he wrapped his own hands around Sebastian's back, he found that he could not get his fingers to touch round the other side. He could feel, however, a protruded spine poking up from the skin, arched in a way no back should. His left hand dipped into wetness and a shout came from Sebastian's mouth.

"Are you hurt?" Phineas whispered. The strange wetness now coating his fingertips and palm.

Sebastian made no verbal remark. He clung on to Phineas harder. He huffed and he puffed, but he did not say a word.

"If you're hurt, I need to do something." Phineas spoke again. "Let me help you." He buried his face against the softenedd, enjoyed the security of those strong arms. Then he placed his hands against Sebastian's chest and pushed. Sebastian fought back against him. Wrapping his arms tighter and tighter. It was a losing battle as Phineas' strength was no match to Sebastian until Sebastian let out a painful cry, his body going limp and a huge bang following.

"Sebastian!" Phineas exclaimed. He rushed to the light switch, escaping the cluster of limbs.

When the lights came on, Phineas saw Sebastian laying on his side on the ground. He was completely naked with his manhood exposed and well... what a manhood it was. Blood puddled under him, pouring out from a large gash streaking down the right side of his rib cage. His face was flushed and coated in sweat, he panted helplessly. His eyes were not quite closed, black as night, and watching Phineas from across the room. A single hand reached out. Sebastian's face winced in pain, but still he held out his hand as if trying to reach for Phineas by pawing at the space between them.

"Oh my god... oh my god." Phineas covered his mouth, his eyes focused on the blood that was beginning to seep its way into the cracks between the floorboards.

Did he call an ambulance? Did this island even have an ambulance service?

He sprinted out the room. Manically, he found his work bag that tore everything out of it until he found his phone. His shaking hands struggled to enter in the numbers 999. Not that it did any good. All he got for his effort was an automated voice message saying that the number he had dialled was not available in his area. Next, he tried Leo's phone number or at least he would've if he knew it. It was only in that moment that they had never exchanged contact details. It was why he hadn't been able to call Sebastian himself when he disappeared. He and one local number left to try. It began to ring through, the familiar brr sound.

As it rang, he gathered some towels from the kitchen and bathroom and took them up to Sebastian. Sebastian's hand went up and touched Phineas' cheek, wiping it clean of the tears he hadn't realised he'd shed. Phineas' trembling hands compressed the towels to the wound and waited with bated breath for the phone to pick up.

"Hello?" A deep Scottish accent rumbled through the phone.

"Douglas?" Phineas' voice wavered as he spoke.

"Phineas? Are you alright? What's wrong?"

"I- I don't know what to do. Sebastian he- he's hurt. He's bleeding and I can't reach the ambulance service or Leo... I don't know what to do, he's bleeding so much." All the while, Sebastian's hand just kept touching Phineas' face.