Introduction/Author's Note

Back in 2016, one of my first fanfiction published here was 'The Hunger Games: Hiccup's Story'. 5 years later, after delving back into the world of The Hunger Games for a bit, I decided to look back at this story. That became a huge mistake😅.

Not only was my old writing style horrendous, but it was clear that I drastically changed the concept of The Hunger Games, just so I didn't have to kill so many characters from my favourite animated properties.

So, why I am saying this? Well, as mentioned in the description, this story is a rewrite of 'The Hunger Games: Hiccup's Story'. But this time, it will stay true to The Hunger Games world - no one will have their respective powers (if they had one), all live in the actual Districts (not places based on their own worlds) and most importantly, The Hunger Games will be The Hunger Games (none of that 'surviving obstacles for two weeks' crap I did before). There will be stakes and many characters will die, whether you and I like it or not.

One more thing - because this story is about The Hunger Games, there will be violence and mentions of blood and death. However, I don't think I wrote it in a way that would be considered too graphic (a least, not based on the Wattpad guidelines). That being said, if at any point you feel like the story warrants a Mature rating, please don't hesitate in informing me this. I'll be more than happy to switch it accordingly.

Right, that's enough chattering. I hope you enjoy this story/rewrite, as much as I enjoyed writing it :D