Story Manual

Some Background:

In this rendition of Sonic Forces, Classic Sonic is able to speak. (picture Jaleel White or Martin Burke or whoever you want to voice him) Classic Sonic is also Sonic from the past and NOT an alternate dimension. Both Forces and Mania take place in the same timeline. Forces also now takes place on the same earth/planet as SA1&2, Heroes, Unleashed, and Colors meaning there are humans present. Segas as of this year has confirmed one world canon. GUN exists and Team Dark works for them like they do in most games. There are also FULL cutscenes and not those stupid text boxes from before because that's just lazy. The base game will start with the Sonics, Shadow, Silver, Tails, Knuckles, and the Avatar. (Ideally, I'd have DLC come along the way with new characters, 3 waves with 3 characters per release.)

Character Select Screen

Basic Gameplay:

Sonic and Shadow's gameplay is a mix of boost and adventure. They'll retain most of their abilities from previous games, but you'll also be able to toggle which abilities you want to use and customize gear. The Boost Gauge is powered up by rings and the Energy Gauge is powered by White Wisps. Stages are longer and more expansive, similar to those in Unleashed. (daytime stages) Drifting, lightspeed dash, and the trick system from Generations return as well. 

Classic Sonic stages play identical to Mania, physics and all. Classic Sonic also gets his full move-set back; the super peel out, insta-shield, drop dash, etc... Stages are also longer and more dynamic.

Avatar Stages play similarly to how they do in the actual game but are more adventure-inspired. The physics are smoother and the stages are longer. In addition, other characters, such as Knuckles and Silver are playable in these stages.

Silver's gameplay is a mix of Sonic's boosting and how Silver plays in P-06. He retains most of his movies from 06 and will be able to fly by boosting in the air.

Tails is a special case because he can play in both Classic and Avatar stages. In Classic Stages, Tails plays just like how he does in Sonic Advance. In 3D he plays like how he does in Adventure and Heroes. 

Tag Team stages are customizable; you can choose which characters you want to have partnered up with. Different combinations can lead to different pathways and reach unlockables and hidden secrets. 

Additionally, I would have it so that every character is customizable in terms of appearance and abilities. (swapping out shoes, gloves, moves, etc...) 

Ability Shop and Select Screen

All characters have unique and noticeable idle animations