Acts 16-19

Back at the Resistance Base... 

Tails: I got it, Sonic! I figured out a way to stop Eggman's Phantom Ruby!

Sonic: Great work, Tails!

Tails: Based on these readings, the Phantom Ruby requires an incredible amount of energy, which only the Death Egg can provide. We simply stop the energy transfer, and boom, the Phantom Ruby is practically useless.

Knuckles: Simply? Last I checked the Death Egg is a heavily fortified... well, Death Egg.

Tails: True. But I came up with a plan. First, we distract Eggman. While he's not paying attention, we use the Chemical Plant computer to hack into the Death Egg's weapons systems and shut it down. With no weapons, destroying the Death Egg will be a piece of cake. No Death Egg means the Phantom Ruby is nearly useless.

Knuckles: Well, you know, it's just crazy enough to work. So first we need a distraction. I'm on it!

Amy: No way, Knuckles. You're too easily distracted. That's not a good trait for a distraction.

Knuckles: Hey!

Silver: How about the rookie? Eggman would never expect it. It may even throw him off a little.

Knuckles: Good idea! You've got your orders, rookie. We only have one more day before Eggman's plan is executed, so let's hustle!

Buddy: *to himself* Great, another solo mission. *to Knuckles* I'm on it chief!

Act 16 begins. Buddy runs through Guardian Rock in Green Hill to distract Eggman. It's not an all 2D level anymore. Meanwhile, Sonic is near the Chemical Plant.

Sonic: I'm almost at the Chemical Plant. How's Buddy doing with the distraction?

Knuckles: So far so good. We might have to stop using the nickname "rookie" if the kid keeps this up.

Tails: Next, we've got to get to the computers at the Chemical Plant and shut down the Death Egg's weapons system.

Sonic: Perfect. I've been waiting for my turn to bust some heads!

Act 17, Network Terminal begins and is a mix of Modern Chemical Plant from Gens and Cool Edge from Unleashed. After this stage...

Rouge: The Death Egg's weapon systems are down! Now is your chance! Move!

Tails: Hurry! Just destroy the Death Egg and cut off the Phantom Ruby's power supply!

Vector: You're making it sound like a walk in the park. This is the Death Egg!

Classic Sonic: No sweat, I'll blow up that place and be back faster than you can say sonic speed. That egghead won't know what hit him.

Classic Sonic boards a shuttle with Modern Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles who head to the death egg to blow it up. Act 18, Death Egg Zone begins.

Knuckles: *on communicator* How's it going little Sonic?

Classic Sonic: I'm almost at the reactor now, how are you guys doing?

Knuckles: So far so good, just don't get too cocky and fall.

Tails: Hey, it's Sonic we're talking about.

Sonic: Just keep going little me.

After the level ends...

Classic Sonic: Got it, I'll blow the place and be outta here in a minu- woah! Classic Sonic dodges a blast and brakes near a pit in front of the reactor, powering the Death Egg.