Acts 9-12

While Classic Sonic and Tails continue their journey, another attack is launched on the city.

Amy: Eggman's army has broken through! They're in the city! We need to get these people out of here!

Knuckles: Who can we send? Sonic and Silver need time to heal.

Espio: We've engaged enemy forces at Seaside Hill. We can't spare anyone!

Soldier: This is the 8th Unit! We're pinned down under heavy enemy fire!

Buddy is nervous but then gains confidence.

Buddy: I...I'll do it!

Knuckles: Man, looks like I've got no choice. Okay, rookie, if you think you're up to it, I need you to head back to the city and save those civilians!

Buddy: Roger! *still nervous*

Sonic: Hey, don't worry. You'll do great out there.

Buddy looks in awe of Sonic, smiles at him, and heads out, and Act 9, Park Ave. begins. It's less of a copy of Sunset Heights this time around. After the rescue mission...

Knuckles: That was impressive, but we still have a lot to do!

Sonic: Great job! I knew you could do it if you believed in yourself!

Vector: Nice moves, but if you hog all the glory, how am I going to look good?

Buddy laughs nervously but smiles.

Rouge: Guys, the system is picking up a couple of strange readings. They're coming from the laboratory, the one where Sonic fought Infinite.

Silver: It's probably another of Eggman's robots.

Rouge: Life readings, two of them. Definitely not robots.

Knuckles: Hey rookie, go to the lab and check it out!

Buddy: Right, I'm on my way!

Buddy takes off and Rouge lets out a sigh, looking a little depressed. Sonic sees this and walks over to her.

Sonic: Hey. How are you holding up?

Rouge: I'm fine. I... *sigh* I always told him that I'd be by his side. That even if the whole world turned against him but...but not like this...and then Omega. Ya know... it's such a weird feeling.

Sonic: What is?

Rouge: Losing. We win so often that the one time we lose... it just feels different... wrong somehow.

Sonic: I know how you feel, but this isn't over. The Shadow I know may be stubborn and hardheaded, but I know he wouldn't let this happen. And if Omega's still out there, I know he's fighting the good fight. Whatever happens, I know we'll get them back.

Rouge nods and smiles.

Rouge: Yeah, thanks. Good to have you back to talk some sense into me, Big Blue.

Sonic smiles and gives her a thumbs up. Act 10, Aqua Road begins. While this is going on, Classic Sonic and Tails run through the Mystic Jungle searching for Sonic. (Act 11, it's not a casino this time, I never understood why it was.) After that, Buddy arrives at the lab and meets up with Classic Sonic and Tails.

Tails: Uh, have we met before?

Buddy: Aren't you... Tails? And uh... Mr. Sonic? You look... shorter.

Classic Sonic: Who you callin' Mister?

Tails: Wait, you know Sonic? Can you take us to him?

Buddy: Are you kidding? He's been dying to see you! Er-...poor choice of words. I mean uh he really misses you. Come with me, I'll take you to him.