Encounter (Taehyun)

I was laying on the couch, scrolling through TikTok on my phone while a random T.V show played in the background. I heard a loud crash come from the kitchen and my nerves instantly tensed up. It wasn't one of the others, they all went out hours ago. And we didn't have any pets, so that wasn't the cause. Another loud crash came from the kitchen, this time causing me to get up and see what it was.

    When I got to the kitchen, I noticed glass shards all over the tile floor and two of the glasses that had been sitting on the counter were missing. I groaned, bending down to pick up the broken shards. "Oops, my bad~ Didn't mean to be so clumsy~" A voice chuckled behind me, causing me to jump and accidentally slice my palm on the shard of glass I had in my hand. I dropped it, wincing in pain and turned around to see who had spoken.

    Fear and shock paralysed me for a minute as I saw someone who looked identical to me, who was wearing all black clothes and wore an mischievous grin on his face. "W-who are you?!!" I stuttered, trying to back away while being careful not to step on any glass shards. "Well you see, I'm you. All of your rage, your hate and your darkness you pushed down deep inside, I was born of those emotions. He explained, that grin never leaving his lips.

    "H-how is that even possible!?!" I said in shock, the blood from my palm dripping down my fingers and onto the tiled floor. He shrugged, eyeing my bleeding palm. "That must hurt, huh. Good." He chuckled, walking over to me and grabbing my wrist. He then brought my hand to his lips, licking some of the blood that dripped out of the cut. "GROSS!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, YOU PSYCHO?!" I yelled, yanking my wrist from his grasp.

    "Couldn't help myself. I have to taste the blood of my enemy at least once before you die~" He chuckled darkly. "Y-you're going to kill me?!!" I said, frozen with panic. "No, no. I mean that in the sense that we will probably never meet again. So I wanted a taste before you inevitably die. Nobody, well, almost nobody, lives forever." He explained, hopping up to sit on the counter top. 

    "I know that." I snapped angrily, stepping carefully around the broken glass to go grab the broom and dustpan. "Do you know of a place called Magic Island?" He asked after a while of silently watching me sweep up the glass shards. I froze at the mention of the name. "H-how do you know about Magic Island-?" I spoke slowly. "Hm, so you have heard of it.. interesting." He chuckled, amused by my response.

    "Answer. My. Question." I growled through clenched teeth. "I won't reveal how I know of it, I just do." He answered smugly. "You're extremely frustrating, know that?!" I glared at him, annoyed. "Hah, yes I am aware of it. Well, it's been fun hanging out here with you, but I have things to do. Goodbyeee~" He laughed, disappearing with a cloud of black smoke. I stared at the spot he was sitting moments ago, anger surging through my veins. "If I ever see him again, I will kill him. And that's a promise." I told myself, gritting my teeth.