Present Day

A/N: The parts here on will be in the POV of different characters.

Dawn's POV:

It has been almost eight months since Rose took me in, she found out about my curse and even taught me how to keep it under control. At this point, I don't care about breaking it, as long as these next four months will be eventful and the best months of my life... The least of my worries was where Jack and his stupid friends were and my biggest priority was with King White. Some say he went missing and I swear everyone is starting to believe that his wife, Regina is a witch. My opinion is clear, she is a witch but she is too powerful to even try to be stopped.

When I went downstairs to meet Rose and make us both some breakfast I was startled, she was on the floor and when I rushed over she was barely hanging on to her breath. "Rose?! Are you okay? Please- I'll get some help I promise! Where are your medications!?" Rose grabbed my hand carefully and looked at me, "Dawn... Your parents must be very worried, yes? It's my time...my last request is that you visit them one more time for me..." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as Spot pressed his snout on Rose's hand. "No! Please...you can't leave me...you promised that we would go Strawberry picking today...you were going to make a cake remember?"

Rose weakly smiled and I started to cry. "Dawn...you were like a daughter to me...be safe, be strong. We'll meet again..." I felt her hand go limp in mine and I held her close, "please...Rose...you were like my mother..." Spot felt my sadness and sat down, his cute little nose was still pressed against Rose's hand. I could tell that he was crying, even if no tears would come out...

Jack's POV

It was close to a year and we still had no luck in breaking our curses or finding Dawn. It was seemingly hopeless. Merlin was yapping about how ugly we were and it made my blood boil. "In case you forgot...we need to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world, and we've just about run out of options!!" Arthur agreed with me and slapped the back of Merlin's head.

Pino, Noki, and Kio ran ahead of us and pointed out a dig mark on the ground. "Look look!" We all ran up and saw it, I noticed an imprint on the tree and stood forward, "I'm a master of silhouettes and this, looks like a witch!" Hans shook his head, "let's not jump to conclusions thinking it is a witch when it could be...Jah it's a witch." Merlin told Hans to take a backward approach and he went around the back, we all burst through the door.

"Hands up, witch!" When the woman turned around she was beautiful...like a sweet angel. Hans, like an idiot still hit her, knocking her out which cause us to drag her into his bed. We all stood above her and stared. She was beautiful, she could be the one we could use to break our curses.

Dawn's POV

There I was, standing in the rain and looking down at her grave. Everybody already left her funeral but I didn't...I came back just to be alone. "Rose..." "She was like a mother to you as well?" I turned and saw a man, he was beautiful, with green eyes and blonde hair. He reminded me of someone...but his suit told me that he wasn't a normal citizen. "Yes...she took me in when I told her I had nowhere else to go..." "She took me in as well... My name is Rowan Spriggins, this is my sister Annabella." I saw a small girl who also had blonde hair but had blue eyes in contrast, step out behind him. "Hello..." I smiled at the girl and the man looked at me with a soft smile, "we were passing through town searching for our brother but overheard that Rose had passed... We are so sorry for your loss..."

I smiled at the two and just shook my head, "don't be... Death is normal and we all will face it eventually...some sooner than others..." Rowan placed a hand on my shoulder and nodded solemnly, I knew he felt the same kind of pain I did... Wait- Did he say his last name was Spriggins?

"Are you Jack's brother and sister?" Rowan nodded and smiled, "have you seen him? He has been missing...and mother is getting very worried about him.." I nodded and said how I saw him a few months ago but he is probably long gone by now. "I see...that's very unfortunate..." He looked at me again closer and then smiled, "You're Dawn, aren't you?" "Excuse me?" I was confused, how did he know me? I thought as he looked at Annabella playing with Spot, "that there is Spot, is it not? Haha... When he met you, you both were small children, at most 12 and I was already in town here working... Rose was the one who employed me... But in the end, all he could do for the next few years was talk about how much you've helped us and how he would repay you one day." 

I didn't know Jack had siblings... Then again Rowan was at his workplace and Annabelle was probably still in their mother's stomach at the time then... "Oh...he did?" Rowan looked back at me and nodded. "Yes! In fact, he would brag about how since we became royalty he would fight your father for your hand, he was so young and stupid." I felt myself smile at the thought of him doing that and just shook my head in speechlessness.

Red Shoes (Snow White) POV

These seven little men all seemed so nice to me just because of my shoes and I couldn't shake that feeling... Were looks all that really mattered to them? I laid down on the guest bed and rolled around, feeling great in my own skin again. I sat up a little later because I heard some footsteps outside. When I peeked out of the window I saw Jack, he was sitting outside and staring out towards the path leading up to the house. I quickly put my shoes on and went outside after him.