Promises

Jack POV

As I opened my eyes, I heard the soft whisper of a girl. I tried my best to focus my eyes on who the voice was coming from. "D-Dawn..?" I saw as she stopped reading the book she had and looked over towards me. "Jack?" When she realized I was awake I watched as she dropped the book and rushed over to me. For however long I was out I had enough time with my thoughts to think to myself. As I looked up at Dawn weakly, she started crying. "Jack- I can't believe this- I'm so sorry... I was out of control!" I didn't know what she was talking about, I sat up in the bed and watched as Hans and the rest came in after because of the commotion.

"What's going on-? Why does everybody look so sad-?" I looked around and Merlin sighed, "Dawn attacked you in her beast form and afterward, passed out. You were badly wounded but your body managed to heal over the week..." Arthur tried to lighten to mood by wrapping his arm around my head and grinning, "At least you now have some cool scars!" I chuckled, a bit nervous and confused, and then looked down, pulling my shirt up a bit. "Oh- Wow. Yeah, cool scars are an understatement! That is like- whoa. I should be dead!" I chuckled again and looked up, immediately stopping when I noticed how pained Dawn looked.

"Dawn... It isn't your fault that your body did that... I promise... You just weren't yourself and I understand how awful you must feel for it...but don't." I saw tears welling up in her eyes again as she hugged me tightly, I was in shock, and yet and hugged her back, "Oh Jack- I don't know what I would do if I was the one to kill you... I can't live without my best friend..." Red Shoes smiled and then hugged Dawn to help stop her from crying. I looked back to Dawn and this time...something felt different. I know she almost just killed me but her saying the words that she can't live without me made me...happy? I felt sick-

Dawn POV

After Red Shoes helped me calm down, we all went into the living room to discuss how we would help Red Shoes find her father. Even though we were never properly introduced, we quickly became friends. Spot was asleep by the fire and snoring really cutely. "I need to get many copies of my flyers...having just 7 isn't enough..." I thought of an idea, "Pino, Noki, Kio, can you build something that will make many copies of this flyer?" The three brothers looked at each other and then back at me with big grins, "Yes of course!" "We're right on it!" "We'll call it, a printer!" I laughed and heard someone squeal in terror, when I looked around I saw Arthur hiding behind Merlin while he was shaking. "What?" "Y-your mouth-!" I turned to a mirror, it's been a while and I saw my messy light auburn hair and blue eyes looking back at me... When I opened my mouth I stepped back in apprehension, I had beast fangs.

"Did you...always have those?" The scarred man said as he trembled, I just smiled, "No, I never had them before..." But before I had a chance to sit back down, the triplets returned with their new machine. "Here ya go!" "One brand-new printing machine!" Red Shoes smiled and took Merlin and the triplets outside to print and distribute the flyers. 

Eventually, I was able to sit down, Arthur looking at me and then calming his nerves. Spot then woke up, waddling over to me and plopping himself down on my feet. "So...after we find Red Shoes's father...what would we do after?" Jack looked over at his friend and sighed, "break our curses, of course..." I felt sick...the thought of me only having three more months made me fearful... If I didn't find true love within that time frame then...I'll die and end up as an uncontrollable beast! "You guys can do it, I know you can!" Hans came into the living room with some food for us to eat and agreed, "yep, as long as we keep our heads in the right mind!" Jack nodded and looked at me, I was too busy eating to really pay attention to him.

Jack POV

As I saw Dawn there, scarfing down the 4-course meal that Hans provided us, leaving nothing left, I realized something... She always had a small glimmer in her eyes... That shine gave her the personality she has now, a kind and sophisticated soul... My thoughts were interrupted when Hans looked as if he remembered something. A little later he came back into the room with Dawn's bag. Apparently, she dropped by the field she passed out near.

Dawn POV

I couldn't believe it, my bag! It was still in one piece with everything inside! Spot was disturbed and awoken when I stood up to get my bag. "Jack- By the way...you left this in my bag earlier...before I left I mean..." I held up the jewelry box and the now-wilted rose. All he did was a chuckle, I tilted my head. "There should have been a card attached but...I need to edit it a bit." I watched Jack as he grabbed a blue card out of the bag and quickly rewrote whatever he wanted. "Here..." His face was red and he was avoiding my eyes.

'Dawn...we've known each other for only one short day when we were kids... we both have changed so much... The day we met again I felt as if my life was complete. It was as if you and I were destined to meet and then meet again after being separated... I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶   I love you and your beastly form...even if you did try to kill me at least we'd have a nice and funny story to tell our children.'

I froze after reading that and shivered slightly. "Jack... I can't accept this ring... I can't accept any of this... it- it's just too overwhelming..." I saw his face drop and Rowan sighed in a disappointed tone. "Dawn..." "Jack. We've only known each other for that one day when we were kids, and just like you said, I feel as if we've grown apart..." I felt his little hand grab mine and I looked at him, he was staring at me in the eyes. "Dawn... I became a prince, a protector...because I wanted to keep that promise we made as children... I've honestly thought you were beautiful and kind since we met..." I watched Jack as he pulled out the small piece of paper I gave him when we were children.

'I herebye deecree that me and Jack will be prince and princess when we are oldre'

-Princess Dawn

̶