II

Just Friends - "Oh how much I wanted to be with them, but we were only friends."

"ah! Petra! what the hell are you doing out in the woods?!" you screamed, when you had turned around to see who the creep was, it turned out to have just been Petra. you had to admit, you sounded a little dumb, asking why Petra was out in the woods, about to walk into a cave. after all, she had an iron pickaxe resting on her shoulder, showing that she was ready to go mining.

"whoops, sorry (Name), i didn't mean to give you a fright. i was just gonna go mining, actually. strange seeing you in the woods. aren't you supposed to be building with Jesse and the rest of the gang?" the redhead questioned, confused on why the hell you would be out here, especially this late with no weapon on you.

"it's Reuben and Banana. they kinda...ran away...while being on fire...their costumes— not their actual selves!" you quickly re-worded the way you said that, realizing how bad and crazy it sounded. she chuckled as you waved your hands from how stupid that sounded.

"i can help you look for them, if you'd want. it's dangerous to go out here alone, especially with no weapon. are you some sorta noob or something?" Petra teased, ruffling your hair. you whacked her hand away, annoyed by the gesture. you were still worried sick about Reuben and Banana.

"alright alright, sorry! let's get going, yeah?" she asked, but hadn't even gave you a chance to answer, as she had wondered right passed you and into the cave, not a single hint of fear hidden in her posture, her face, nor her tone. it was kind of..god, how do you word this? hot?

wait. hold on just a second! what did you just- did you seriously just think that? sure, she's a good looking gal, but you wouldn't say she's hot!...ok..maybe a bit. but you weren't in any interest for a romantic relationship with anyone! but surely you can still find someone attractive, right? yeah! that's fine! of cour-

"(Name)? you coming or not? if not, i could just leave you here to get scared by a chicken; your choice." you noticed Petra was a quarter into the cave, as she was turned around and staring at your face, even noticing it becoming red in embarrassment.

"agh! sorry, sorry! i just zoned out there. i'm coming!" you quickly caught up to her, your face cooling from the awkward and second-hand embarrassment moment that had just happened. god, what's up with you today?!

you noticed a light coming from up ahead, meaning this cave wasn't all that big as you had thought it was. would that even make it a cave at that point? surely not, right? maybe it's just a little shortcut someone had made.

"well, that was short lasted--" Petra was cut off by a scream. it wasn't just any scream though...it was a familiar scream...and jeez did it send shivers down your spine. the atmosphere of this 'cave' wasn't helping either...

"wait— Jesse?!" you soon realized why the scream had been so familiar. it was the scream of your friend, Jesse. you had almost forgotten how feminine-like Jesse's scream was. you and Axel would always tease him about it too...man, you can't wait to put the events that had happened to you far behind after today is over with...

with no further talking, Petra was quick to run to the direction the scream was coming from, which, conveniently, was just the direction you guys had already been headed towards. you followed right after her, noticing she had taken her pickaxe off of her shoulder, finally.

you look over her to see why she did so, only to see a spider on top of Jesse, extremely close to biting him, injecting its venom into his system...which would almost always mean certain death. and you weren't about to watch one of your best friends die, not now!